Author Topic: Shipping items FROM the Philippines  (Read 3025 times)

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
Re: Shipping items FROM the Philippines
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 03:48:19 AM »
Well, shut my mouth!  Definitely never heard of Catoosa or any seaport in Oklahoma.  Guess the old adage about learning something new everyday is true.  Oh, my face is so red.   :-[
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Re: Shipping items FROM the Philippines
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
I just learned something very interesting.  I need to go back to the US with a LOT of weight in the 2 pieces of luggage I am entitled to fly with on my international flight from Manila.  I figure I am going to have about 45 kilos in the 2 bags.  The limit on Philippine Airlines on my flight from Cebu to Manila is only 15 kilos.  That means that I will be about 30 kilos overweight on this 75 minute flight. 

Today I stopped in the PhilAir location in SM to find out what the overweight charge is.  It is 112 pesos per kilo!!!  Total overweight charge = 3360 pesos!  My ticket is only 1150 pesos, and for that they have to transport my body weight of 100 kilos plus the 15 allowed for baggage.  I would like to just buy an extra seat on the plane for my luggage.  It would cost me a lot less and the plane would be a lot lighter than if they sell that seat to another person.  It makes no sense to charge that much!