Author Topic: How much money to change at airport?  (Read 5868 times)

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
Re: How much money to change at airport?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »
Try getting some Pisos at Barcalona airport, doubt that they\'ll carry notes less than P500s

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
Make sure you get plenty of 100 peso bills. †Taxi drivers won\'t know what to do with anything larger (other than keep the difference as a \"tip\") † ;D

I\'ll take it into account!

Flying OUT of, departing FROM:D

Thanks. I\'m flying out of Barcelona to Manila

I couldn\'t get any pesos flying out of two main US airports, Philly and Atlanta. Slim chances of getting any in Barcelona, but you could try some local money changers before you go to the airport.

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 10:22:59 PM »
Philly & Atlanta although claiming to be \"international\" airports ain\'t as full service as LA, Chicago or NY

I\'d put Barcelona in same category as last 3

Offline hhhsands

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I couldn\'t change in Barcelona. The lady at the central office of the bigger spanish bank (Santander) told me I couldn\'t change PHP in any european bank as it doesn\'t quote in the exchange market??? And at the second one (BBVA) you need to have an account, ask 2 days in advance and 500 Eur minimum

At Barcelona airport I haven\'t time to check, new big terminal and I was a little bit late. In Paris I saw a couple of† places but long queues. And in Hong Kong no time as the plane arrived late so I missed the connection to Manila and my baggage was lost!† >:(. I had to decide if leaving without my baggage or wait for it to appear. I was so tired that took the next flight but† surprisingly my suitcase was already waiting for me in Manila!

Luckily I found 2 money changers at both sides of the exit door in NAIA Terminal 1. And yesterday I changed in Terminal 2 departure hall. By the way, a couple of weeks ago 1 Eur = 56 PHP and yesterday 59
H3

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog