Author Topic: Elementary children moving to the Philippines  (Read 3685 times)

Offline imee

Elementary children moving to the Philippines
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
My question is that i have a nine years old daughter that will be moving with me if i decide to move to the PI. I am really concern whether their school system there in PI is not going to hurt my daughter once we move back to the US? Is there any suggestions of school she should attend while we are residing in PI? I am not sure as of yet what part of PI we will be residing.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
Re: Elementary children moving to the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
Private school.

Ask that mechanic guy in Angeles. His daughter goes to a good private school. Even some locals have shunned public elementary schools.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »
Private school.

Ask that mechanic guy in Angeles. His daughter goes to a good private school. Even some locals have shunned public elementary schools.

We live in the school belt of Puerto Princesa City and have a big public school at the end of the road. They are turning out a good line in maids and tricycle drivers. We send the children in the family to a private school.

Colin

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
\'That mechanic guy\'?   :o  Cheeky young whippersnapper you are Dyl.  ;D

Yes, we send our nine year old to private international school here in Angeles. She appears to be getting a similar education to what she was in the UK, but that is just judging from an ADD dads point of view.  ;)

The best thing that happened to me when I was a kid was going to live in the orient for three years.  ;D

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »
The best thing that happened to me when I was a kid was going to live in the orient for three years.  ;D

In my book NO-ONE should be able to graduate from college without two semesters in a culturally contrasting continent

For Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Australians, Kiwis  - this would be any 2 of these 3 Africa, Asia, South America

Universities could \"twin\" with other universities keeping costs down for poorer nations

Yeah a pipe dream I know

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »
Capt.. My eldest is in Sheffield uni..
He tells me they give the students an opportunity to study in a number of uni`s in many different parts of the world in participating schools for a year or even 2!!
As you say...It should be compulsory.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 02:18:01 AM »
My daughter just too her \'regional\' exam, at the end of the school year. If she graduates to the next grade she will be the youngest pupil ever to have done so in this school.  I have every confidence in my baby, as her end of trimester results have been surprisingly good, for someone starting a new school, in a new country, and being the youngest and smallest in her class.

Cheer-dancing competition last month, guess which one is mine:   ;D

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog