Author Topic: Shipping Containers for housing  (Read 3758 times)

Re: Shipping Containers for housing
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 10:09:25 PM »

A shade ( ::)) to much glass for the Philippines, it will very hot when the sun hits it, but I guess the pool will compensate.

Colin

And to me those house also look like a pile of containers, all straight edges, sharp corners, flat tops etc. †;)

Modern design I guess, but not really my cup of tea.

Different strokes for different folks

I\'m not into faux spanish designs myself

Colins comments about too much glass could be obviated by extending overhangs on south facing walls.......
certainly an issue on lower floor of two storey buildings but not such a big deal on single storey buildings

I am not into modern \'boxes\' but I don\'t feel it necessary to comment on them. †::) I happen to like the Spanish/Mediterranean style which is why why I designed my house that way. It is all a matter of personal taste; it would be a boring world if we all thought the same way.

The photographs showed two story buildings which is why I made that comment.

Colin

Offline B.Wolfe

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »

A shade ( ::)) to much glass for the Philippines, it will very hot when the sun hits it, but I guess the pool will compensate.

Colin

And to me those house also look like a pile of containers, all straight edges, sharp corners, flat tops etc.† ;)

Modern design I guess, but not really my cup of tea.

Nothing to stop you from adding a slopped roof, an overhang or any other structure to change the look. After all that, you still have the security of a steel container.

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
Here`s a design I quite like and more suitable to a tropical climate in my view..
A couple of advantages..No real foundations required..Just bolt them to a concrete pad. Earthquake proof,fire proof,good security,less labour intensive,No concrete posts or beams,Lots of designs and configurations. Foreigners can lease the land,assemble it and move the house at a later date on a container truck or two if they wish.