Author Topic: 13a Visa - Get it before you're here or after?  (Read 8114 times)

Offline sussexrob

Re: 13a Visa - Get it before you're here or after?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:39 PM »
Thanks David,
Yes it seems that you are not far away from where we are planning to build.
My wife had been teaching in Davao when we first met, and it was her decision to live there.
I think it's because it's far  enough away from her family that they won't be on the doorstep every other day.
We love them visiting, but when in Gensan they sometimes turn up by the coachload, this can be a bit much , hence
moving a bit further away.
The security of a gated sub-division appeals in some ways,  but we decided to live a bit more in the countryside as the neighbours in Gensan are too noisy, and with the size of our plot they will not be too close.

Cheers

Offline sussexrob

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »
Thanks Terpe,
To be on the safe side, I think I'll get copies of everything that is possible to get.  I'll read the checklist a number of times before submitting anything, and go through all the forms more than once as well.
I also know I have to renew my passport as it runs out later this year, will do that in advance.
Thanks again

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »
Hi David,  We actually bought the land privately through a relation of ours.  It is in Catalunan Grande, right out of the way not far from St. pedro chapel.   

We lived 18 months not so far away from Catalunan Grande.
Sub-Division of Solariega at Puan Talomo and just a few mins walk from MacArthur Highway. Right opposite APO Golf club

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »
Hi Terpe

It is indeed a small world.  There is another forum member here, Meylou, who has also just finished building a house in the same gated community that we are in.
Londoner at heart

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
Hi Terpe

It is indeed a small world.  There is another forum member here, Meylou, who has also just finished building a house in the same gated community that we are in.

Personally I really enjoyed our life in Davao.
The food and the fruits were just wonderful. At nice prices too.

I'd often catch a jeep to Toril and buy stuff from the market. Wonderful fresh veggies and fruit and also fish in the covered wet market. So fresh and so cheap.

We decided to move here to Marikina City after that horrible drop in RoE with the British Pound.
We were renting in Davao, but have our own house here in Marikina. Didn't make sense to pay rent and have an empty house..
Overall we made the best decision. Luckily.

We often travel to Davao to keep personal contact with family and have fun. Flights with AirAsia are very cheap.
we now know how to be prepared for some long long delays though. Hehehe

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog