Author Topic: Anyone around La Union  (Read 2107 times)

Offline aussiemac

Anyone around La Union
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
G;day all, just wondering if anyone can give me advise about retiring, renting a house around La Union. Spent 5 months in AC in 08 and will retire in Ph around sept this year.
Thanks Mac

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Anyone around La Union
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:37:13 AM »
G;day all, just wondering if anyone can give me advise about retiring, renting a house around La Union. Spent 5 months in AC in 08 and will retire in Ph around sept this year.
Thanks Mac

Hi Mac!  Welcome to the group.  Yep, I can give you some general advice.  Put boots on the ground and have a look around.  The best way to find a rental house anywhere in the RP is to drive around the area(s) you think you would like to live and search for signs saying \"For Rent\".  Seriously.   

You may also want to have a look at  http://buyandsellph.com/  a free online service where many things are listed for sale or rent, including homes.  But, take care if you contact any of the people listed.  Don\'t send any money to anyone you don\'t know.  And don\'t give money to anyone you meet in person until you visit the property in question and then only if you receive a valid receipt for your payment(s).  Lots of scammers are just waiting to take your hard earned dollars, pounds or euros.   

I don\'t live there but know of several people who do.  From what I understand it\'s a nice place with a rather large Swiss expat community.  The weather is generally milder than in the large cities like Manila and Cebu due to the proximity to the coast and the breezes coming from the South China Sea.  Good fishing and relatively quiet surroundings.  Good surfing, too at certain times of the year. 

Have a visit, check things out , take your time and enjoy!   :)
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog