Author Topic: Fuel Price  (Read 2295 times)

Offline MikeBal

• Sr Member
Fuel Price
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:47:44 AM »
 Today in San Antonio, Tx, I\'m seeing prices of $3.79 a gallon for 87 octane. :(   I\'m just curious as to what you all are paying in the Philippines currently per Liter.  I\'ve heard commentators saying it will be $5.00 in the US within a year
Mike from San Antonio

Re: Fuel Price
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:20:27 AM »
Paid 50 pesos a litre last week, so multiply that by 3.7 and you get 185 piso. Divide by exchange rate, 43, and we\'re paying approx $4.30 a gallon.

Still half the price of England, where I hail from originally.   ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Paid 50 pesos a litre last week, so multiply that by 3.7 and you get 185 piso. Divide by exchange rate, 43, and we\'re paying approx $4.30 a gallon.

Still half the price of England, where I hail from originally.   ;D

I don\'t check prices, I just fill up the tank for around P1000 to P1200, but I believe it is around P60 a litre for unleaded here in Puerto Princesa, that is around $5 a gallon. Like KH, I find it so much cheaper than the UK that I just don\'t think about it, I will check next time I fill up. My brother told me recently that he is paying £1.31 per litre in the UK which would work out around P93 or $8 a gallon. Make the most of it while they are still giving it away there  ;) ;D

Colin

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
My last look was 2 days ago when I put in a little gas in the tank was P61.92 /ltr. That translates to today\'s exchange of 42.5 (Formula = Gas price per liter x 3.8 = PHP per US Gal then divide by exchange)
So P61.92 x 3.8 = P235.3 / 42.5 = $5.54 . Isn\'t that fun? When I hear others back home crying I pay $4 a gal, I say come over here. God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Garpo

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
While the fuel costs might be higher here than in the US, most of the vehicles here get much better mileage than there and also the time spent driving is nothing like there.  Everything is much closer here and you are not driving two to three hours a day like I was before I finally got brave enough and made the move over here last September.  In fact I have not even bought a car yet and just use trikes and buses when I want or need to go anywhere.  Unless you are thinking that you will need to be driving a lot for a job (if you have or can find one) then many are like me and either don\'t have a vehicle or if they do have then they don\'t drive it as often or as far as you might think.  Just my opinion!
If you can\'t be happy here, you can\'t be happy anywhere

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog