Author Topic: Building Starts Today  (Read 9742 times)

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
Re: Building Starts Today
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 01:27:52 AM »
QUOTE: \"i truly marvel at how far 30 grand can go..\"

\"What currency are you taking about Ricky? \"

Canadian.

\"But, pictures just allows you to see what they want you to see from abroad!! Rebar shown may be nothing more then a short piece at the top. Concrete mix may not be Class A. And the Pinoy way of workmenship list goes on and on!!!\"

The pictures taken thus far (which I will post) pretty much show whats going on....no one has an agenda. As for the workmanship, I hope it is poor and the addition comes tumbling down then I can do the whole thing over again thereby ingratiating myself even more to the town of Pilar for keeping 10-25 pinoys employed in perpetuity.

\"An an aging Pinoy as an over seeing and not as an on-site contractor in the past, doesn\'t mean much...........period!!! A \"barangay captain\" is nothing more then an elective Joe blow in the area! No CLOUT IMO! \"

An aging guy who\'s built his own house. For what its worth....I think if my father in law had no clout in his barangay then the opposition leader in the last town election would not have sent 4 guys in a jeep with automatic weapons to kill him after the election was over and he had lost due to some alleged lack of support from my father in law.

\"BTW, over the last almost 7 years, I\'ve sent Pinoy workers down the road kicking rocks because they COULDN\'T do what they said they could!!\"

So you\'re unwittingly creating a training program for the Philippines National Soccer Team?

\"We have 5 properties with 7 houses. We just bought 8 more properties in this same subdivision.\"

Impressive indeed. You managed to Trump yourself without even knowing it ;D

\"with at least 300X300 tiled floors and granite counter tops\"

I *was* going to get those counter tops but decided I didnt want to be taken for granite.  (love this room)

keep em on their toes b -ray..

regards
ricky a
B E O F S I N G L E A I M ; H A V E A L E G I T I M A T E A N D U S E F U L
P U R P O S E A N D D E V O T E Y O U R S E L F U N R E S E R V E D L Y T O I T

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »

So you\'re unwittingly creating a training program for the Philippines National Soccer Team?

Ha ha, brilliant Ricky!

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
Can we have the Facebook picture link so we can see what\'s happening there?

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
The only way to view the photos is if your friend or the person who owns the Facebook page, accepts people as friends. If however you post them to a photobucket page and post the links we can all see them.
Wayne ;D ;D

Offline richardsinger

• Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
The only way to view the photos is if your friend or the person who owns the Facebook page, accepts people as friends. If however you post them to a photobucket page and post the links we can all see them.

The owner of the pictures could also just make them accessible by \"everybody\" rather than \"friends only\". That would be easier for him compared to rehosting the pics.

Richard

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »

The owner of the pictures could also just make them accessible by \"everybody\" rather than \"friends only\". That would be easier for him compared to rehosting the pics.

Richard

Brings to mind \"Do you have any naked pictures of your wife?\" joke

\"Wanna buy some?\"

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »

link removed..not working

see if that works

ra

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10986&id=100002182460768#!/album.php?fbid=174946955891233&id=100001277893867&aid=57864¬if_t=photo_album_reply

see if that works

ra

Hmm, it worked, but there\'s no house there, just some goon knocking a ball about. ;) ;D

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10986&id=100002182460768#!/album.php?fbid=174946955891233&id=100001277893867&aid=57864¬if_t=photo_album_reply

see if that works

ra

Hmm, it worked, but there\'s no house there, just some goon knocking a ball about. ;) ;D

haha..just my luck.. that no good link was up for under 30 seconds....lol

i have asked my niece to change her privacy setting in her account on facebook...as per the suggestion from someone here....
see if that helps..

ra

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 01:40:59 AM »

Offline Ricky A

• Sr Member
Update
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
home stretch now..i will post a before and after shot in about a week. cost to date 1,800,000 php ($40,000)...saved that is just 3 yrs...pretty much a miracle for a house painter who has been paying $1500.00/month rent for the last 5 yrs here in canada...sat back and insisted on only one thing for addition in the republic...two tone blue everywhere...dark blue roof..light blue on body of house with same dark blue on trim....place is looking crisp, very crisp...when you see the place you want to have a beer...blues are funny that way.....no one fired...no one sent kicking rocks...no one had to go to confessional....still waiting on big sliding door...something about typhoons holding things up ..stress level to date throughout process....0%.

r

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog