Author Topic: Long term land lease, how?  (Read 8144 times)

Offline oneiloilokano

• Sr Member
Re: Long term land lease, how?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:01 AM »
The only residence you can own here is a condo or townhouse. Sure you can do long term leases and the agreement is only as good as the word of the owner who can change their mind at any time.

So if I have a legal lease drawn up by my lawyer, signed by both parties in his presence , why is it the owner can change his mind any time..
I`ll await your answer so I can consult my lawyer and seek his advice..
Cheers,
Fred

The same way it is possible for my wife\'s family lawyer to take out a loan on property she had purchased and paid for in full. It took us 6 years of court visits and the cost of hiring another lawyer to resolve it. We had to pay the back taxes P50,000 to finally settle and get the title or this \"lawyer\" would have kept delaying the case indefinately through legal maneuvering.

So you would sue ? The case will come to court 6 years later (minimum) and in the meantime the property owner does what he wants to.

So go ask your Lawyer how long it takes to get a cival case to court ? Then ask him who has more rights the foriegner that is a lesse or the property owner ? Squatters have more rights than a foreigner is the correct answer.

I like what \"king Herald\" said. Asking lawyers in the Philippines  ? May as well be talking to Juan the trike driver. lol

I have lived here 9 years and had 5 property transactions and been both a lessor and lesee.

I stand by my statement that the lease is only as good as the property owner wants it to be.

Waiting to hear what your \"lawyer says\"  ::)

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »
Fred after 30 years here you must have lost your ability to read we were talking about leases not titled properties

A lease here is only as good as the person that signs it. If anything is a load of Crap it is you ignorant know it all attitude tthat you push on everyone maybe you shouid start a consulting business as you seem to know all of the answers to all of the questions raised here have good time in your fantasy land more power to you

Tom  Roxas City

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 06:31:30 AM »
I know I'm dragging up an old post here, it died very quickly which is a shame as it has lots of good info, also talked about in other posts.
I would love to see/hear more input regarding leasing/buying as there are no condos that I am aware of in San Fernando City or even La union where we want to retire to. (San Juan)

We have found a block of land that we like (as mentioned in another post) shown to us by an agent, turns out they cannot contact the owner/s.
Would any one here have an idea how to track down the owners? We are not there ATM so unable to door knock the neighbours.
Title search? We are led to believe it is a torrens title but who knows given real estate agents.
Private Investigator? Costly for sure.
Family (San Fernando City some 20 minutes away) we have asked and they have no idea how to tackle the problem and don't seem to be interested to go up there and ask the locals, sad.

Your thoughts and advice appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.

Offline piozam13

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 03:56:22 AM »
it sounds so messy, i would not enter into a long term lease.  a condo makes more sense.  other issues?  not married?  not in country?  what happens if the gf backs off.  the father of the children surely has visiting rights. 

Offline Igorotak

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 05:33:49 AM »
it sounds so messy, i would not enter into a long term lease.  a condo makes more sense.  other issues?  not married?  not in country?  what happens if the gf backs off.  the father of the children surely has visiting rights.

If the gf backs off chances are that she had planned that all the way along.
The only rights a father has is to pay child support.  Did you say "not married"? You can end up in prison for making babies unmarried.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog