Author Topic: Lot preparation  (Read 3969 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
Re: Lot preparation
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 07:34:40 AM »
Now I\'m wondering.† If no expense was spared to build the house, then why was it torn down?† It should have been a good one.† †???

If it was a Philippine style house, no matter how well built, it would not have suited most foreigners. Things like almost non existent kitchen, no insulation, over ornate etc. All that seems to matter here is that a house has a very complex roof design, to impress airline pilots ???, lots of very fancy moldings and painted in sickly greens and garish purples ;D

Offline RayJ

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:09 AM »
Hi, here\'s a photo of the old house. Long abandoned, it became a refuge for anyone and everyone.

Here\'s a view of some slab on the right hand side, then it stretches behind the tree in the foreground.

Here\'s a closer look at the raised cement work, it\'s more or less a patio. They actually made a trough and put goldfish in it.

Iím not Aussie although sometimes I sound like one.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
Dang RayJ!† Forget the sledgehammer or even a jackhammer.†

What you need is a box of dynamite!!†  :o:o;D;D;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:31 AM »
Don\'t know if it wont be only inches of fill in some spots which may be washed away. If i break it up, it will improve drainage at the least.
As an experienced contractor, you never want to bury an existing slab under inches of dirt. The soil will never perculate or drain properly, and depending on depth of soil, you may have a hard time growing anything due to over moist or over dry conditions. If you ever have to do anything in the future in that spot, it would be more problematic if left in place. Buried concreted is okay as long as it is either well perforated or busted up, scattered and buried. NOT taking out concrete slab is like stepping over a dollar to save a dime. Do it while it is exposed.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog