Author Topic: PINOYS WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP NOT ENTITLED TO I-CARD - BI  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
PINOYS WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP NOT ENTITLED TO I-CARD - BI
« on: December 05, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
DECEMBER 02, 2012

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will not accept applications for Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) by Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenships. http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1907&Itemid=78

I wonder if this will cause any problems for dual citizens who live in or wish to live in the Philippines?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: PINOYS WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP NOT ENTITLED TO I-CARD - BI
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »
DECEMBER 02, 2012
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will not accept applications for Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) by Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenships. http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1907&Itemid=78

I wonder if this will cause any problems for dual citizens who live in or wish to live in the Philippines?
They don't need an ACR I-Card once one becomes a Dual Citizen, that's the whole idea of it, no more Immigration involvement except for passport renewal and exit clearances! It's great! No problems at all! Only if kanos married to Filipinas can do it, it be grand all around and eliminating alot of Immigration red tape and hassles(just wishful thinking)!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:15:14 PM by Art2ro »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
Art,

They try to use the ACR in other countries that is the problem.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:45:11 PM »
Art,
They try to use the ACR in other countries that is the problem.
Chuck
I don't get by what you mean trying to use the ACR in other countries? Here in the Philippines as a dual citizen it works fine without an ACR I-Card.
My wife got her dual citizen in San Francisco last year and did away with her ACR I-card, but hasn't yet obtained her RP passport! She was able to temporarily use her dual citizen certificate coming and going out of the RP, U.S. passport entering the U.S. and entering the RP instead of a BB stamp, they just stamp a date on her U.S. & RP passport and can stay for as long as she likes! Me, I'm still using the BB stamp until I finally apply for my dual citizenship! Once a Filipino citizen again, an ACR I-Card is no longer required and all that is required is a valid passport good for 6 months and an Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC) to exit the RP.
ACRs are primarily for "foreigner" tourists and or permanent residents! A Fil/Am who reacquired his or her Filipino citizenship is no longer classified as a foreigner/tourist which I am for the moment and I do have an ACR I-Card stamped "Tourist" on it, but using the BB stamp for a free 1 yr stay which foregoes the  every 2 months visa extensions as a plain foreigner tourist has to go through!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:54:36 AM by Art2ro »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
The rationale is explained in the cited immigration statement.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »
The rationale is explained in the cited immigration statement.
Chuck
The article's Filipino immigration statement rationale doesn't make any sense! Why would Algeria, Botswana, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, China, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden discriminate against Filipinos even though they may not recognize dual citizenship? So in this case the ACR would be meaningless!, because it could be the other way around, where they don't like foreigners! It's a misleading statement or I didn't get it's meaning! Also if one has dual citizenship, they also carry a foreign passport if their RP passport is not allowed for entry in those countries mentioned above! Besides, how many Filipinos do you know who lives in any of those countries, but maybe just a handful! I know of one Filipina who lives in Japan, but she's part Japanese and not a dual citizen! Japan just won't let her become a dual citizen, but she can reside there on an authorized working visa, which that is her only purpose! Luckily she can get work there! No, she's not an entertainer like most OFWs there!  :o 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:41:53 AM by Art2ro »
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog