Author Topic: Beware if you have a Senior Citizen 20% Discount Card!  (Read 16071 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Beware if you have a Senior Citizen 20% Discount Card!
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2018, 09:58:02 AM »
Thx Lee, We are not dual citizens.  I think I'll just let my wife or SIL sign from now on. They are the ones insisting I get the discount.
The other item people should consider is their last name and if they use Philippine id, if their last name would fit here, then no one would likely ever check to see if they would not be entitled, too much work, but if any of us have names that would never be that of a local, then it might be possible that when the govt decides to check the forms, that they could come down on one or more of us to set an example of us as posted above, the arrest of a couple of Brits for using their illegal senior citizen id's.

Also the restaurants ask for id, so they then put that information on the id down on the form, if they put down what type of foreign id was used, that alone would show we took the discount illegally, kind of making it even easier for the BI to find one of us upon exit from the Philippines, boy that would suck, ending up detained when trying to leave, and all over a discount. :(
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2018, 11:58:50 AM »
ACR-I cards and Phil DL show Nationality.  With my last name of Rodriguez I could possibly slide by.  Is it worth it for incarceration, fine and deportation? Not to me :o

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 02:21:54 PM »

Also the restaurants ask for id, so they then put that information on the id down on the form, if they put down what type of foreign id was used, that alone would show we took the discount illegally, kind of making it even easier for the BI to find one of us upon exit from the Philippines, boy that would suck, ending up detained when trying to leave, and all over a discount. :(

Lee and all.

We have friends who come over here every February and stay to May. She is Fil-Am,  but has not re-acquired her Filipino citizenship as yet, he American. They come to us in the Province for a long weekend, then we go over to their house in Marakina for a couple of days later.

A couple of years ago, we stopped at a popular pizza joint for a quick snack with them on the way. She asked for my ACR card as she was offering her California Senior card, her husband's California Senior card and wanted my ACR card to get a 3rd discount.
When I said I wasn't entitled and I wasn't prepared to run the risk of being sanctioned by the BI, she got quite upset and tried to insist I was entitled. When I refused point blank, and pointed out that only current, Filipino citizen, seniors were entitled, things were a little frosty during the meal.

This was from a lady with a very "comfortable" bank balance and life-style, who for tax reasons, only works (as a teacher) for 7 months of the year in the States. Her husband is a retired chemical engineer, from the aerospace industry, and also has a "comfortable" income.

Don't get me wrong. They are lovely people who do a lot of good work in our barangay, sponsoring education needs for the local school kids, providing shoes and bags and other stuff. They have provided classroom materials for our local senior school, as well as sponsoring 2 seniors on the new senior high year (K - 12?)

They are folks who do not need the PhP 200 or so savings on a couple of pizzas, but believe they are entitled and are doing nothing wrong.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:30:01 PM by Peter »
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
Entiled is the key word, too many people think things are due them, they will only wake up when and if the end up in a Phillipine jail.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog