Author Topic: Driver License  (Read 11616 times)

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
Re: Driver License
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
Just an update, my asawa just learned to drive my Mio and wanted to get her license, so she got the learners permit a couple of months ago..yesterday she went to get her non-professional license...the guard told her that you can get the "expedited one for 1800" she did and in a few minutes she had it..motorcycle, auto, no medical, no piss test, no exam.......btw, she has never driven a car in her life....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:30:27 PM by Gray Wolf »
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
Just an update, my asawa just learned to drive my Mio and wanted to get her license, so she got the learners permit a couple of months ago..yesterday she went to get her non-professional license...the guard told her that you can get the "expedited one for 1800" she did and in a few minutes she had it..motorcycle, auto, no medical, no piss test, no exam.......btw, she has never driven a car in her life....

Her license may be legal or it may not.  Sometimes the LTO workers will pocket the money, not enter the license into the system but use the LTO equipment to make the license.  Did you get an official receipt?

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »
Yep, got an official receipt , find out more this week as its time to get mine renewed...will also try to get mine to have trucks as I have a friend that need me to help move a couple of his trucks on occasion ....more will be revealed in time.....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:36:31 PM by Gray Wolf »

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 02:20:41 PM »
will also try to get mine to have trucks as I have a friend that need me to help move a couple of his trucks on occasion

What size truck requires a special license?

in the US it's 26,001 pounds GVW.

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »
A 3 goes up to 4500 kilo GVW, after that different numbers for different things, an 8 for tractor trailer.  If you have a Phil license just look on the back of it..1 motorcycle, 2 car etc.

Offline Mengel36

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
I must say that you were quite lucky and everyone isnít the same. My cousin had to review his license and it took him several days. He has worked with a Los Angeles DUI lawyer and told me how streamlined things were there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:06:11 PM by Lee2 »

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 07:24:48 AM »
Cost for my Philippine Professional drivers license to drive a 10 wheeler or 18 wheeler was just 500 piso tip plus 500 piso for the road test in the imaginary truck

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog