Author Topic: ALTERNATIVE TO MCWD WATER  (Read 5590 times)

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: ALTERNATIVE TO MCWD WATER
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »
Paul, in many areas of the country private wells are not allowed and if allowed you will need a permit and clearance from the local water board, as under the law you do not have rights to the water under your property

That stated it all depends if they are invoicing the law in your area but being an expat I expect they will

Tom/ Roxas City

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
I never knew that, thanks. I guess they don't check up on such things where we live, as a number of properties on our sub division have their own water supply. I may ask a few questions about it when we visit later this year, though not with the local water board!
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »
Fortunately we have no need of a separate water filtration system or deep well on our property in our gated subdivision since our district provides an adequate source of water supply under adequate pressure 24/7.

http://www.ayalaproperty.com.ph/portfolio_ww.asp

Santa Rosa Estates Waterworks

Address: Santarosa Estates, Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
Contact Numbers: (049) 541-0452

Santarosa Estates Waterworks provides a reliable 24-hour water service for the housing projects of Laguna Properties Holdings, Inc. (LPHI), now aka AVIDA, an Ayala Corporation within Santarosa Estates, an upscale master planned 19.37-hectare community located in the heart of bustling CALABARZON region. The automated booster station houses booster pumps, sand screening filter, sonar level liquid indicator and motor controls for the pumps which will be hooked to a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »
From what Ive read the aquifer used in Cebu is located in the  Maghaway Valley..they were predicting it would not supply the needs in 2000 (the latest figures I could find) so how much more now? In my house in the states I had two wells, and both went down in excess of 200 ft.  Here I have one with a hand pump in back (saved our ass during Yolanda) down about 15 feet i guess.  But we only use that during brown outs etc.
Normally we just use the city water which is now plentiful thanks to a new water main...
From what Ive seen, I would not drink any water from anything as most sources I have seen are located far too close to sewage etc.
For drinking we use bottled water, and with our family (8) eight of us, I go through about five bottles a week...when its a necessity to drink local or well water it gets boiled for minimum of 30 minutes.  Maline just bought some property in the province so I guess Ill end up putting a well in there, Im guessing based on what other stuff Ive seen Ill have to go down about 15/20 feet.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:15:36 PM by coleman2347 »
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog