Author Topic: New long stay 6 month visa  (Read 22353 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
New long stay 6 month visa
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
This new info from the BI website should make a lot of long stay tourists very happy since one of the biggest hassles for tourists living in the Philippines is to have to go every two months for their tourist visa renewal, now it seems according the the BI they will launch a 6 month visa.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2007&Itemid=78 

BI LAUNCHES LONG-STAY VISA
14 June 2013
Foreigners intending to stay longer in the country may now avail of a six-month, long-stay tourist visa that will be launched next week by the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

BI Commissioner Ricardo A. David, Jr. also announced the introduction of a new visa sticker that will replace the wet stamp used by the Bureau in implementing extensions of stay in the passports of foreign tourists.

David said the Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE) project was launched to spur tourist arrivals in the country by giving foreigners the privilege to prolong their stay here without the need to frequent the BI office.
Presently, the BI grants foreign tourists a maximum stay of two months each time they apply for visa extensions.
“Through this long stay visa, we expect lesser crowding in our offices due to the decreased volume of visa extension applicants,” David said.
 As for the new visa sticker, the BI chief said it will prevent the proliferation of fake visa extension stamps that has victimized many foreigners.
He disclosed that the sticker has security and tracking features that cannot be copied.
“It will also speed up transaction in our visa section, allow more efficient tracking of records and faster detection of forged and tampered stamps,” The BI chief added.
According to David, the projects were initiated after meetings were meetings between the BI and Department of Tourism and Department of Foreign Affairs were held on what policy reforms can be initiated to further attract more foreign visitors to the country.
The tourist department had said it is aiming to increase volume of tourist arrival to 10 million by 2016.###
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:15:42 AM by Gray Wolf »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline daniel_ita

Re: New long stay 6 month visa
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:58:48 AM »
WOW...nice news...but how is possible to have it?

Offline kwmag4

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 01:13:00 AM »
Thanks Lee. It will be interesting to see the price of this 6m visa. I cannot imagine they will want to loose Peso.  :) I might guess 12K P?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:14:24 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 03:16:27 AM »
Super!  Now if they will just tell the people in BI   ;)    :D :D :)
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
It's about time Immigration has availed the 6 month visa to regular tourists, but the article didn't give the detailed specific requirements yet since it's just in the makings! This I got to see and compare it to the "BB Program's" 6 month visa extension criteria!   
The "Balikbayan Program" has always had the 6 month visa extensions available when one's BB stamp is about to expire, if one is 60 yrs old and over and children under 14 yrs of age.
I myself am on a 6 month 9a tourist visa extension when my BB stamp expired! It only cost me P11,175.00 for the 6 month visa extension and it can be renewed every 6 months up to 24 months!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:28:24 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »
I certainly hope this comes to fruition, I totally agree one of the worst things is having to go every two months to get the extension. Maline and I plan on getting married as soon as possible.  It seems that with the kids, and everything else I can never find the time to fly to Manila and get the "your single paper". 

The BOI here is great, only one time has it ever taken more than a hour or so the get the extension, they are usually extremely polite and helpful.  Now they actually have a printer and copier so you dont have to go downtown to get copies. 
Doing some rough figuring in my head, even if the 6month extension was 12k you would be paying about the same as what I am presently doing.  It would be worth it to me to pay a little more just to not have to go every 2 months.  Hopefully we will see the details soon and they will be well thought out...

The Philippines wants to increase the amount of tourism, I wonder, sometimes, If expats like us are considered "Tourist".  Most of us contribute a considerably more than the average tourist to both the economy and the welfare of the people here. But honestly sometimes I get the feeling from the "officials" here that they would rather have us gone....Do not get me wrong, never with the exception of one time coming back into the country has anybody ever said anything to me, its just a feeling I get in my spider senses.  Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
IMHO Lee you will always have the ones who will turn up their noses at the foreigner. All in all, I think the government realizes that foreigners in general (not only expats) spend a hell of a lot of money here. They understand they will be shooting themselves in the foot if they continue making it too hard on visitors.

• Sr Member
Re: New long stay 6 month visa aka LSVVE
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 11:34:32 PM »
http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)
MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. RADJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:

1. Applicability – The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

2. Extension of Tourist Visa – Subsequent LSVVEs may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extention.

3. Restriction on Extensions – The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa extensions when the number of months applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

Foreign nationals with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival should be informed of the preceding restriction should they apply for additional visa extensions.

No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

4. Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.
Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

5. Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.

(Sgd.) RICARDO A. DAVID, JR.
Commissioner
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:03 AM »
...I myself am on a 6 month 9a tourist visa extension when my BB stamp expired! It only cost me P11,175.00 for the 6 month visa extension and it can be renewed every 6 months up to 24 months!

Art,

Do you have to get a tourist ACR-I card?  Normally, tourists have to get an ACR-I card after being here for 59 days.  My understanding is that a foreigner under the Balikbayan privilege has to get an ACR-I card if they get an extension but it's not clear when.

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
...I myself am on a 6 month 9a tourist visa extension when my BB stamp expired! It only cost me P11,175.00 for the 6 month visa extension and it can be renewed every 6 months up to 24 months!

Art,

Do you have to get a tourist ACR-I card?  Normally, tourists have to get an ACR-I card after being here for 59 days.  My understanding is that a foreigner under the Balikbayan privilege has to get an ACR-I card if they get an extension but it's not clear when.
I already had a previous ACR I-Card from a previous 6 month visa extension, but when my present BB stamp was about to expire, I requested for a 9(a) 6 month tourist visa extension at our local BOI office according to the memorandum under the "Balikbayan Program" and my expired ACR I-Card(no penalties charged) was also renewed with my 6 month visa extension request (this is not the new long stay 6 month tourist visa extension, but the one under under RA 6768).
ACR I-Cards that are about to expire without a need for an extension, their renewal must be done in Manila.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:26:16 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »

Art,

You already answered your own question. You have to get an ACR-I card when you extend.

You get 1 year visa free as a Balikbayan. No fees. No ACR-I card. Nothing at all except a notation in your passport and a departure date in your passport one year from arrival.

If you want to stay longer than a year, you arrange a tourist visa extension. The ACR-I card will be compulsory at that time.
I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »

Doing some rough figuring in my head, even if the 6month extension was 12k you would be paying about the same as what I am presently doing.  It would be worth it to me to pay a little more just to not have to go every 2 months.  Hopefully we will see the details soon and they will be well thought out...

No need to guess. The answer to what the 6 months visa costs is in the information provided. It will be exactly the same as what you pay now with the addition of P100 for the sticker. Meaning if you are already beyond 8 months in the Philippines, the extension will be P2830 x three. Plus P100. If you have been in the Philippines 59 days, it will be P4830 plus P2830 plus P4240 plus USD $50 for an ACR-I card plus P500 express lane fee for the ACR-I card. Plus, if your extension covers January and/or February, there will be a P310 report fee added.

However, the information makes it clear that the 6 months extensions are only available in Manila. So, you may as well go to Manila and arrange your Certificate of No impediment or the equivalent for the embassy of your country.
I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline daniel_ita

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
Hi my friends, i need to know what is the right form to download in the BI website ( http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/downloads/51-forms/336-various-applications-forms ) for require a 6 months extension visa (after my 59 days visa)...and if someone know the exact amount need to pay for it.

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:50:56 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
This has been active for a couple months.  There are catches and changes.
1. It's a sticker, not a stamp.
2. It's only available at the main branch in Manila.

So, if you live our far in a province, or like me and many on here, a different island completely, then it's not much more of a hassle and probably cheaper just to keep hitting you local immigration branch every 2 months. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline pilipino-one

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »
Getting the 6 month visa would be far better, but being in Ormoc city and since the typhoon, the Ormoc and Tacloban  BI offices are not up and running as yet, so i still have to go to Cebu to get my visa extensions done, which is a bit of a pain  :(

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog