Author Topic: Graceland  (Read 7281 times)

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Graceland
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »
Graceland

Iíve been trying to find this movie; it takes place in the Philippines and is about a driver for a powerful politician that has his daughter kidnapped.

Has anyone seen the movie? ĖAny comments?

Graceland Official Trailer #1 (2012) Phillippines Movie HD

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
Re: Graceland
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:48:42 PM »
I did not know about it but now my asawa has seen the clip, she wants to find it...thanks Lee
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
Haven't tried it, but it says that you can download it from this website, but it may just be the trailer and not the full length movie which maybe released on a later date! It's not yet even on any of the movie torrent websites for downloading, but I haven't really looked that hard either but what's below and I'm a movie downloading aficionado! 

http://www.savevid.com/video/graceland-official-trailer-1-2012-phillippines-movie-hd.html#
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:27:39 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
Try Kickass Torrents

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Try Kickass Torrents
No, Graceland, the Filipino movie is not yet there, except for a U.S. Graceland TV movie series episodes!
http://kickass.to/usearch/graceland/

http://kickass.to/browse/ is one of my favorite movie torrent website!
I've already downloaded and watched hundreds of movies from this website over the years!

There are a lot of other movie torrents out there, but here are the top 12 movie torrent websites to find your favorite movies, music, games or whatever:
http://www.thesofthelp.com/2009/08/12-top-free-torrents-movies-websites.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:33:38 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 12:27:01 PM »
Hey Art,

You use the same torrents as I do. Great selection mate. I have 2 TB
of movies and series. Have a look at

downtr.com.

I use it to find movies etc that I haven't heard about. If you want a laugh
get the Lone Ranger. It's in cam form. My wife d/l it and I scolded her for
d/l a cam. But suprisingly it was good, and it only had 1 person stand up
during filming until the very end. Then four stood up. Bugger.

Graham

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »
Very good movie! Very well done!

I just now finished watching it. Itís one of those movies that grabs you from the start and holds your attention all the way to the end.

The end is a surprise that dumps you to a whole new layer of intrigue and betrayal.

I say itís a must see!!

Itís not like ĎMan on Fireí and not like ĎTakení.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Here's the link to kat.ph downloaded version of the film. 

Quick secret for when searching for a movie that shares a name with a tv show or other movies.  Enter the year the movie was made after the name.  I googled the movie, saw that it was released this year, and just put 2013 after Graceland and a lot of options came up.

http://kickass.to/graceland-2013-limited-720p-bluray-x264-rovers-t7631163.html
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »
JoeLP,
Good catch! OMG 2,000 movies! Yeah, eventually I'll buy myself a larger external hard drive, but for now 500 Gigs will do!
I just finished downloading the movie Graceland! Fortunately I can understand the Tagalog Filipino language and won't need to read the English subtitles! I seldom download any movies that has subtitles, because it just takes away the enjoyment of concentrating on the movie itself!  http://kickass.to/movies/ is my main torrent website I use! I've already download hundreds of movies from there and have plenty more saved on my external memory hard drive for future viewing. I just finished watching my favorite sci-fi tv movie series episodes, 7 seasons of "Startrek Voyager; http://kickass.to/usearch/startrek%20voyager/ 
As you can see here: http://kickass.to/usearch/graceland%202013/ is the movie list and ratings, with number of comments with ratings, quality of the movie and how many are seeding (higher the number, the faster the download) and the size of the files weather they be DVD Rip, cams or Blue Ray format which takes up alot of space. I usually download file sizes between 700 MB to 1.8 Gigs for faster downloading! Fortunately my external memory has 500 Gigs of space which is enough to store at least 350 average size movies! Yeah, I'm a movie downloading and viewing aficionado of all sorts of movies!
What I usually do is get a list of the best 100 movies of any year and do a search on You Tube  to screen the movie and then I do a movie search on the torrent website if the movie is available, which http://kickass.to/browse/ is my favorite torrent website and use VUSE, the torrent client https://www.google.com/search?q=VUSE+torrent+client to download my selected movies! I mainly use the free shareware "Any Video Converter" to playback my selected movies: https://www.google.com/search?q=any+video+converter 
Blue Ray formatted movies are great but they're few and far in between and they take longer to download and the files are huge, but should not be a problem if one has a fast internet connection and Terra Bites of space like JoeLP has! Now that I have my 55" LED TV set up downstairs in our den, I now truly enjoy watching my favorite movies of my choice in private! I just need to hookup my stereo components and speakers to my big screen TV and all will be more enjoyable for our viewing and listening pleasure!  ;) 

See thumb nail pic below of our new home entertainment center
June 2013. The TV stand is made of solid wood, but don't know
what kind (not plywood) and it's pretty darn heavy and not too
expensive, P19K! The stereo components and speakers 110 volts
AC are from 1993 when we still lived in Vacaville, Ca.! I retired
in 1997 and we moved to the Philippines the following year.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:32:56 AM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
My girl here in the Phils turned me to kat.ph.  I love it.  Then I realized that there are many good movies that she's never seen.  I caught on quick with the uploaders to use (axxo and klaxxon are the best, but there are a few other good ones) and just started downloading.  I purchased a 5tb external hd while in the usa and with my comcast 50mb speed, I downloaded over 2000 movies and tv seasons of shows and loaded 3gb of stuff on the hd and sent that to Tina last Christmas.  Then I went and bought another 3tb external HD and loaded all the movies I realized I missed, or the new movies available since that Christmas onto it and was able to get another 1tb of space used up. 

It was a person I met on kat.ph that showed me the trick of adding the year the movie was released to the title to clear up all the junk you don't want showing up.  Happy to help with that and forward that info to you. 

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
Art, yes, over 2000.  BUT, I would not have done that if I was stuck with the speeds here in the phils.  I could download movies in 5-15 minutes each.  There were nights where I would just read the move uploads of all the good clients and just click the ones I know or I've heard are good and have a que of over 40 movies on my download page for utorrent software.  I'd go eat or do a chore or something and when I came back, they'd all be downloaded.  Made it very easy to download a lot of movies.  My package I had for internet through Comcast promised 50mb speeds.  I think the slowest I ever actually tested it at was about 58mb speed.  So that has a lot to do with it.

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
JoeLP,
Lucky you with that kind of speed! I have to put up with my PLDT DSL speed of 3 Mbps! So, you know how long it takes me to download, but it works and I just download about 10 of them overnight!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »
Art, FYI I heard that PLDT has upgraded to fiber optics, and I think your area might have it. They are promising speeds 10-15 which would be awesome for streaming TV.

• Sr Member
Re: Graceland/off topic
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »
No, we don't have it yet in our area and if we did it would cost a little bit more than my measly 3 Mbps speed! ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:35:56 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »
Art.  I like your entertainment center.  I brought a 45" lcd tv with me from America.  Wrapped it in MANY towels and packed in in middle of a strong shell suitcase.  I got it out and tested it to make sure it works, but am waiting for my home to finish being built and a place safe for my Tina and our kids to be alone in before I pull it out.  Right now I live with Tina's family, and she has 2 nephews who think it's funny to break things.  In the last 6 months alone they broke a $400 camera, $25 remote, $300 tv, and more and laugh each time they do because their parents don't believe in discipline and let them be brats that will cry when they don't get what they want.   One is 4 the other 5.  And I'm serious.  I've seen one throw a 15 minute tantrum because one of my boys had a balloon and he felt he should be given it and my boy refused to give it to him.  Screaming and stamping of his feet for 15 minutes.  So yeah my tv will stay packed up.
BTW, my tv is a 110 and I already purchased a good transformer for it.  My question is more about the whole idea of wiring a 220 receiver to it.  Will there be any chance of over/cross charge problems?  I'd hate to see the tv get fried, not because it was plugged into a 220 outlet, but because it was plugged into a 220 receiver to give me surround sound.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog