Author Topic: Graceland  (Read 7507 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Graceland
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »
BTW, my tv is a 110 and I already purchased a good transformer for it.  My question is more about the whole idea of wiring a 220 receiver to it.  Will there be any chance of over/cross charge problems?  I'd hate to see the tv get fried, not because it was plugged into a 220 outlet, but because it was plugged into a 220 receiver to give me surround sound.
I'm not sure about that. My 55 inch LED TV is 220V AC plugged in directly to our home's 220V AC wall outlet and my old stereo components are 110V AC and they're plugged into a 220V AC voltage regulator with a step down 110V AC outlet. We have a U.S. standard main 220V AC breaker panel with all the correct amp fusses.  So far, nothing has gotten fried yet! Yeah, I like our home entertainment center too, it's just about the right size that will fit in our den without over crowding the room!   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:06:08 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »

BTW, my tv is a 110 and I already purchased a good transformer for it.  My question is more about the whole idea of wiring a 220 receiver to it.  Will there be any chance of over/cross charge problems?  I'd hate to see the tv get fried, not because it was plugged into a 220 outlet, but because it was plugged into a 220 receiver to give me surround sound.

I have bought a few flat screen TV's in the US over the last few years and they all came with a power supply box which if we look closely says 100 to 240 volts similar to the ones that come with laptops. Also one of my friends asked me if his would work in the Philippines and I looked at the back and his had just a cord but the specs on the back said 100-240, so while I do not know if all Flat screens will work on Philippine power, you and others who wish to use US TV's in the Philippines might wish to look at your power source or the specs on the back to check if the converter is necessary.
http://www.lcdpayless.com/images/LCD_5A_4Prong_1.jpg
Oh and to get myself back on topic, so we can all watch Graceland.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:43:15 PM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
My TV (a Vizio) which I had shipped over is like your friends without the external power box.  It is multi-voltage so I just plugged it right it.  What I don't understand is, the flat screen that is furnished with the condo is 110.  Before my TV arrived from the states, when the cable company hooked up my cable, they hooked it up to the voltage regulator which was also supplied by the owner.  I was wondering where the owner had gotten a 110 only in the Philippines.  Then I saw at the auction place, next to the Hypermart, a bunch of big screen 110 TVs.  And Vizios at that.
Whatever floats your boat.

• Sr Member
Re: Graceland - sort of off topic again!
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
I like that Bud! It's made in the U.S.A., but Vizio's major partner in the consumer electronics arena is AmTran Technology, a Taiwan-based OEM/ODM that manufactures more than half of the televisions sold by Vizio and owns a 23% stake in the company. Vizio also manufactures its products in Mexico and China under agreements with ODM assemblers in those countries!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizio
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:25:05 PM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
Well, the Vizio, which I got in 2010, like I said is mulit-voltage.  The other one I had, an RCA which I bought in 2005 is 110 only so I junked it prior to departing.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:12 AM »
JoeLP,
Lucky you with that kind of speed! I have to put up with my PLDT DSL speed of 3 Mbps! So, you know how long it takes me to download, but it works and I just download about 10 of them overnight!

Art,

Had a lot of trouble for about 6 weeks with my PLDT connection. Kept going offline
due to PLDT techies having made some big mistake with their fibre-optc lines,
I have a 1Mb connection but regularly get 2.95Mb.

PLDT have a 10Mb connection that costs Php4K. My mate has it at his restaurant
and streams movies etc. no problem.

Graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »
JoeLP,
Lucky you with that kind of speed! I have to put up with my PLDT DSL speed of 3 Mbps! So, you know how long it takes me to download, but it works and I just download about 10 of them overnight!
Art,
Had a lot of trouble for about 6 weeks with my PLDT connection. Kept going offline
due to PLDT techies having made some big mistake with their fibre-optc lines,
I have a 1Mb connection but regularly get 2.95Mb.
PLDT have a 10Mb connection that costs Php4K. My mate has it at his restaurant
and streams movies etc. no problem.

Graham
Graham,
I'm still under a 2 yr contract with my PLDT Telepad Plan with the 3Mbps connection.
It works well for what I need to do and has been reliable! The PLDT Fiber 10Mbps is
not yet here in our area! Usually PLDT will call me what is available.

"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline henrylloid

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
nice movie

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog