Author Topic: Gingoog!  (Read 2634 times)

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Gingoog!
« on: September 23, 2013, 01:25:09 AM »
Just (half) joking I said to a barmaid that I will probably look for a wife here. She asked would I be willing to meet her sister? Jeez - I hate blind dates but decided why not. Her sister travelled the next day from Medina - about three hours by bus. After one marriage of 25 years I had decided never again would I return to that prison. My resolve is gone. This is a beautiful, shy, very well educated (with excellent english) but very poor lady who just stole my heart immediately. She had no phone and does not like texting! Is that perfect or what? I will be paying for Jana's teacher training in Gingoog and we will be living there. So... Anyone out there from that area? I have researched it and it certainly looks perfect. I prefer markets to Malls and have no limitations in food varieties so shops are not an issue. Renting seems less than half of C. de Oro.
Oh - and I discovered something interesting. When we say A  Ahhh (as to a child) in europe we are saying NO. Here A Ahhh means yes! And when they refer to a dress here they actually mean a T shirt! I'm learning.

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Gingoog!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
Spent many nights at the Eastland Hotel while courting my now ex-wife. Be careful, use to be an internet cafe next door to the hotel, and it was always full of young inspiring hopefuls trying to snag a foreigner. I would go in there to check my mail and was amazed that some of these girls would have two or more guys on chat at the same time. Gingoog is a fairly nice town, my ex was from a small Brgy. outside of town. Ended up after we were married and I brought her to the states she turned out not to be the person I thought she was, she had a side I would have never known existed. Not all are bad just saying don't jump into anything fast, take your time and get to know her and her family very well before committing. Wishing the best for you and your new friend.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:02:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice Medic. I am aware of the pitfalls and have often advised others the same way. I just also need to be reminded myself from time to time - But its a lovely feeling for now  :D 
I will make a long term commitment for her teacher training though. Even if the relationship fails I will always keep my word - after all the cost is minimal but the results would be good for her at least. In this case she is actually from Medina. The fact that she does not have a phone and only barely knows how to use a computer suggested to me that more than likely she has not been an internet fisher. Facebook is a marvellous way to do some private investigation on these women. She had only opened the account but had not logged in for more than a year. This was the way I caught out the previous two Philippinas in lies before they even got started!

Offline FLYBOYRD49

• Sr Member
  • ZOOMER
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
GOOD LUCK...BE CAREFUL...wish you the best ;)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »
????? If you got married in the Philippines and your a foreigner whats the process for divorce or annulment .....just asking since some in the forum seem to have done this before need to know just in case how easy this is...easy or not some of you in here say you have been took advantage of and now your divorced...lets put our money where our mouth is and tell all we need to know just in case.....

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »
Looks like love at first sight or blind love! Something to ponder on and take your time while in Ginoog
or sort of to be "A Prisoner of Zenda"! Kind of far fetched, but I think you do get the connotation don't ya? ;)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/connotation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_of_Zenda

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:03:56 AM by Art, re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:19 AM »
Bill - if I do get married it will merely be to secure the ladies future. I was in that prison for 25 years before and swore I would never go back. When I die my spouse / widow will get half my pension + third of the balance for each child to age 17. That means she would be well taken care of. Someone might as well get it! At our ages divorce is hardly worth the effort! If it came to that I would just bail out to another country.
Art - it could be any of those - but at the moment its just ticking all the right boxes. Maybe it's just that I'm tired of travelling and arriving alone at airports to go to an empty hotel room. Who cares really - it's great fun! I have achieved plenty in life but the greatest was the three magnificent children I have already reared. It's a job I am damn good at so I might as well start again. I certainly am not deluding myself that it is crazy love for either party. It is simply just a convenient arrangement for all.

Offline FLYBOYRD49

• Sr Member
  • ZOOMER
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 03:51:39 AM »
Guys, from all that I have read, there is "no divorce" in the Phils...just annulment, the US should follow that policy....how would that work in Hollywood...LOL

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 06:56:39 AM »
http://www.ehow.com/list_6544475_social-rules-non_citizen-living-abroad.html this don't Apply to James just US Citizens living Abroad.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:43:54 PM by wildbill »

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »
The rules for Ireland would be far less constrained Bill. For example: If you have a child in Ireland you get about $250 from the government every month (with similar payments for each additional child) - and this is until they have finished full-time education. We have many Polish workers in Ireland for example. They get the same allowance for each child they have back in Poland, from the Irish government, even though the children have never set foot in the country. I am probably the first case ever to apply for this recognition for a foreign wife so they would have no set rules for this situation - simply - she is my wife and she is entitled to the same benefits because the exceptions would not be specified. I used a similar technicality to retire at 45 with full benefits - and I was the first teacher to do so.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
LOL my Bad my Dad is iris I am born in the USA sx for me good luck to you I am happy for you Both..