Author Topic: Finally got power and net  (Read 1085 times)

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Finally got power and net
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
After the storm hit Tacloban, we lost power, cable, net, and pretty much everything else when it comes to those things here in Catarman, Northern Samar.  My home is nice and strong and has shrugged off the storm, unlike others here who were not all so lucky.  But for the most part the town has stood strong and the small number of homes damaged have recovered. 
But, not until Monday did we gain power again(sorta, still goes out a number of times every day, but only for short periods while I'm guessing they are still fixing things).  And today, the net has been restored.  The Cable was restored just in time for the Pacman fight, so with the generator running got to watch that. 
Feels good to be able to turn all the fans on in the house again. :) 

On a side note, I heard rumors that one of the statues in MacArthur Park was damaged.  That's not good, but, made me smirk because I went to Tacloban & MacArthur Park 2 days before the storm struck and got a lot of pics of Tina and myself there.  Maybe I got the last pic of the statues all intact. 
Sorry, I got some of my humor from my mom and her morbid humor.  Maybe that is not something I should have smirked at.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog