Author Topic: Say hi if you're in Oz  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Palawan Aussie

• Sr Member
Say hi if you're in Oz
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
Hi all,

Two weeks ago my wife was granted full Australian Immigrant status, and will be joining me here in Australia next week  :D :D

Now although I have Phils 13a Visa status and love living in the Phils (or maybe for six months per year anyway), my dear better-half also loves Australia and she prefers to make our lives here permanently.

Her wish is my command, so we are going to live in Australia. Hence we are un-subscribing from this forum. Now if any of you guys make it to Melbourne and would like to say hello, send an email to stephen@melbpc.org.au (at the Melbourne Computer Club) and we will be happy to show you around.

So, cheers guys
Stephen & Mary

Offline shortman

• Sr Member
  • This account is now being used by his widow
Re: Say hi if you're in Oz
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »
Take care and have a good life; the best to both of you..... :)
Effective November 2014 this account is now being used by Lar, Shortman's widow.

Offline pilipino-one

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
Hi Stephen and Mary, as i am living in Melbourne, i would like to come and say hi to you, i will let you know by email when it would be convenient for you.

Regards Mel

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »
Stephen and Mary,

When my wife got to the U.S., in Northern California where I worked, got her green card and finally became a U.S. citizen and got her parents into the U.S., guess what? When I retired we moved to the Philippines, she doesn't want to return to the U.S. even though her parents are now residing and retired in Northern California permanently!
16 yrs later we're still here in the Philippines and still enjoying our retirement lifestyle! I guess we're here to stay for good! I doubt if we'll ever make it to Oz, but good luck and best wishes to you both there! 

Art
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
Stephen,

I wish you and Mary every happiness in  your new life together in Australia.

We ourselves are hoping to go the 6 month route you mentioned, when circumstances permit, Shirley also having got her citizenship (UK) recently.

I hope Mary does not get too homesick for her family, whilst Shirley is happy here she does look forward to visiting her family back home when we can schedule a holiday there.

If we are ever in Oz (Shirleys brother is there) I would be happy to say hi, but hopefully by then our cricketers will have improved somewhat!!

All the best  Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »
My wife and I already do the back and forth route, so no need for Stephen to leave the forum because I am sure he will still be able to bring a lot of valuable info to the forum. I hope you stick around Stephen.

Best of luck on your life in Australia.

Lee
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
My wife and I already do the back and forth route, so no need for Stephen to leave the forum because I am sure he will still be able to bring a lot of valuable info to the forum. I hope you stick around Stephen.
Best of luck on your life in Australia.
Lee
Yeah PA, you don't need to unsubscribe from LinP! You'll probably return here for vacations!
Besides, we value whatever you have to share with us on this forum! 
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:13:35 PM »
Hi Stephen,

The best of luck to you both.  Please do keep in touch.  :) We don't want to miss you too much.

Aloha.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Palawan Aussie

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 01:50:34 AM »
A very sincere thank you to all you folk for your very kind wishes.

I have just logged in at this time with the intention of deleting my membership and records.

Now, how could one do that .. in light of your most kind wishes people, so sincerely expressed here?

Mary and I have planned an extended motorhome holiday around Australia. But, after this, who can say? So it does make sense to remain a forum member, and to log in with interest from time to time when future travel permits. So with friendship, gratitude and humility, thank you people.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:59:00 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 02:34:11 AM »
May I be the first to welcome you back to the forum Stephen  :D

I hope you enjoy your motorhome holiday, sounds great. Who knows, you may find you will miss the Philippines after a period of time.
Certainly I am sure Mary will want to make visits back. We ourselves are hoping to follow Lee's example, spending some months a year in the Philippines and the rest back here, but that is a way off yet.

All the best, Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 03:52:05 AM »
PA,
Glad you decided to stay on here! I would definitely like to read about your motor home holiday adventures in Australia and some pics along the way!   
I always wanted to do a motor home (RV) holiday in the U.S. when I retired, but since we're now retired in the Philippines I don't know if we could do it here! Haven't really looked into it or see how feasible/practical it would be and what the cost of an RV in the Philippines would be by the month! Just a thought about considering the idea, but it was just a thought!  ::) :o ;) 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:59:12 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »
I wanna go I wanna  go. Have fun take care and most of all love each other as it is your last day.

Stay in touch, really was looking forward to meeting you in Palawan.

Dan

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »
PA,
Glad you decided to stay on here! I would definitely like to read about your motor home holiday adventures in Australia and some pics along the way!   
I always wanted to do a motor home (RV) holiday in the U.S. when I retired, but since we're now retired in the Philippines I don't know if we could do it here! Haven't really looked into it or see how feasible/practical it would be and what the cost of an RV in the Philippines would be by the month! Just a thought about considering the idea, but it was just a thought!  ::) :o ;)
ART .I havent even seen an RV here.I did it couple times in my life lots of fun.

• Sr Member
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:30:18 PM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
If I get one of these Art, can I hire you to drive it?
Whatever floats your boat.