Author Topic: Happy New Year to all  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Happy New Year to all
« on: December 31, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
Hope that 2014 is a fantastic year for all.

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Happy New Year to all
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!   :) :) :) :)

Today the women are cooking all kinds of stuff for our New Year celebration and also to celebrate Tatay's birthday (Jan 1) and my birthday (Jan 5).  They're cooking the rest of the pig we brought back from the farm in Buguey and making dinuguan, kaldereta, liempo, pork asado, pork adobo, lechon kawali.  Also being prepared is buko salad, macaroni salad with mixed fruit and a delicious desert dish with crushed Graham Cracker crust, covered in sweet condensed cream and sliced Mango. 

I heard rumors we'll also have fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, pancit bihon, pancit canton, about 5 tons of rice  :D and also chocolate cake, Tatay's and my favorite.

I'm sure there will be some surprise dishes provided by other family members who come for the celebration.  As well, we will probably consume about 5 cases of San Mig Pale Pilsen, 5 cases of Red Horse and perhaps 4-5 Litro bottles of Emperidor. 

I can almost feel the hangover now...   :o :-\ :-X :P :)

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »
Just a few minutes ago while Glo was doing some laundry up here on the rooftop, we got a surprise visitor!

May this be a sign of peace and love for all this coming year!

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
How is that gonna get cooked up?  ;D
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Brisbane

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
Happy New Year Lee  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:13:20 AM by Gray Wolf »

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »
Yep! From me too! And "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all on here!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:13:43 AM by Gray Wolf »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »
Happy New Years to you all......:)..

Offline paulgee

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »
Yes, a Happy New Year to all forum members and their families.

Paul
Based in the UK, and part time in our San Fernando, Pampanga house

Offline intocebu

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:31:12 AM »
Happy New year in the Phils!!! we still have 11-1/2 hours left before 2014....Dave

Offline mikbal

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »
   Happy New Year to all!  We'll be back in the Philippines come May of 2014 and it can't come soon enough.

Offline Terpe

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 03:39:11 AM »
I'm not a new member and I'm not a regular poster....but I remain an avid reader and student of all things Philippines.

Thanks to all for the great fun and the great information.

My time to relocate to the paradise islands is within my grasp..............that'll be the time for many postings.... :)

Happy New Year one and all from UK

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 06:12:29 AM »
Yeah, the New Year started off with a bang with spectacular firework displays all over the Philippines!
Welcome new members and those who have returned on here after being absent all these years! Looking forward to all of your future posts on here! The more, the merrier! 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:26:40 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »
Yeah, the New Year started off with a bang with spectacular firework displays all over the Philippines!   

I'm a bit shell-shocked from those fireworks. I expected some but it seemed like all hell broke loose on every corner and every street. Thought it was the Japanese invading again!

Have a great and successful new year all.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
O.M.G.!!  Our barangay went nuts last night!  Things started off as expected with the kids running around all day honking horns, banging pots and making general noise, with the occasional firecracker going off somewhere.  Then around 7pm things started getting "hot" with whistling Moon Travelers flying over the house and then the much larger quitis (sp).  My nephews and I even joined in with our own barrage of quitis, fired off every few minutes.  It built to a crescendo around 11pm and continued unabated until just before midnight when all hell broke loose. 
From our rooftop you could see fireworks of all sizes and shapes 360 degrees!  Some of the larger ones were launched from our pathwalk and went off just over the house showering us with debris!
I was called downstairs to join in celebrating the New Year and greeting neighbors who all came by to shake my hand, give me hugs and kisses and to say "Happy New Year kuya/tito Jack!"  Young people I had only seen once or twice came up to me and either handed me a cold beer or a bundle of quitis, then a hug and greeted me by name!  I never knew so many people in our barangay knew me by my name.  But it was fun!  Especially when the young girls would come up giggling and hugged me.   ;) 
We stood out in front of the house for an hour shooting off bundles of quitis, lighting volcanoes and sparklers for the more timid bunch, and watching as neighbors fired some of the loudest firecrackers I've ever heard!
It got so smoky along the pathwalk that everyone had to wear a bandana or T-shirt over their face in order to breathe.  You couldn't see more than 10 meters away the smoke was so thick.  And the sound?  It reminded me of the Tet Offensive back in Vietnam!  Dang it was loud!  My ears are still ringing!
(and people are still shooting off their remaining stash of fireworks)   :D :)
It's definitely louder in the Philippines!!