Author Topic: Iloilo City My farorite Resturants, cafes and BBQ places.  (Read 2566 times)

Offline oneiloilojeepney

Iloilo City My farorite Resturants, cafes and BBQ places.
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
Here in Iloilo City there are many choices for eating out. My wife, friends and I love to try new places and have a few of our favorite places I would like to share with the \"new guy\" or Visitor to Iloilo City. All are moderately priced, have good food and service.

Best Seafood: At the Breakthrough resturant in Villa Beach. Located right on the beach and has a spectacular view of Guimeras Island. Nice relaxing atmosphere in a native \"Boracay\" type setting. Specialities include:

Kinilaw ( Shrimp or Tanique) Native cocnut vinegar, red onions and tomatoes. Nice appetiser a little spicy.
Seafood Sinagong (Mix of Bangus, tilapia, prawns and vegetables) Native sour soup.
Live Lobster,Crabs, prawns, greenshells. BBQ, steamed or Baked.
Blue Marlin Steaks
Grilled Pantat (Native farm raised catfish)
Lechon Baboy (Generous portion of whole roasted pig.)

Best Chinese Food: Four seasons hotel resturant on the secind floor. A close second is Ocean City Resturant on General Luna.

Best Japanese Buffet: The Grand Damme Hotel\'s Emillion restirant on the 3rd floor. Monday through Friday 11am to 2pm.

Best and only German Resturant: Bavaria. Located at the back of Jaro Plaza. Authentic German food and cook. Many imported liquors and real German beer availible.

Best American/Philippine resturant: Igmann resturant located at the back of Hotel Del Reo on MH Del Pilar street. Relaxing atmosphere right on the Iloilo river. Best steaks in town.

Best Pizza: Dos Maria\'s Pizzaria. General Luna st. 100 mtrs down from the Sarabia hotel. Special 32 inch pizza using quality ingrediants and mozzarella cheese. Smaller sizes availible and good Buffalo wings. Many drink choices including Ice cold SMB.

Best cafe: The Fish Tank in Lapaz plaza right next to the Monterey Meatshop. Relaxing atmosphere directly across from Lapaz Plaza.
Good place for Ice cold SMB and be sure to try the chili wings. Open M-Sat 2 pm to ?

Best BBQ: Joes Chicken Ignato. 3 locations in the city , but my favorite one is next to Makro on Burgos st in Lapaz.

Best Bachoy : Bachoy is a local favorite. It\'s a rice noodle soup with meat and vegetables. Eugenes Lapaz Bachoy. 65 Bugos st. Lapaz Iloilo City. It\'s right up the alleyway behind Pecho Pack Chicken house.

Best international coffee shop: Blue Jay Cafe on General Luna st. Basically a \"starbucks\" knockoff. A little pricey but nice.

Best Native Coffee: Maggs Coffeshop in Lapaz Market. Opens at 6am daily, 7 days a week.

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
Re: Iloilo City My farorite Resturants, cafes and BBQ places.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:05:37 AM »
 :)great to see all this info im doing a deep recon and continue to find nada on ym wifes province
 which is  Catanduance west of the town orf Legaspi.......see ya  

Offline up2u

Re: Iloilo City My farorite Resturants, cafes and BBQ places.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
Hi Are there any beach areas around the city or within easy reach?

Re: Iloilo City My favorite Resturants, cafes and BBQ places.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:13:16 PM »
:)great to see all this info im doing a deep recon and continue to find nada on ym wifes province
which is Catanduance west of the town orf Legaspi.......see ya

Mis-spelled? There is a Catanduanes province but it\'s not in Visayas but in Bicol region....
40km North East (not west) of Legaspi/Ledazpi Luzon

There are Visayan influences in the language

It\'s one of the places I\'ll be re-conning later this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catanduanes
http://www.wowbicol.com/catanduanes.htm