Author Topic: Operations Order No. SBM-2013-027 on 26 November 2013  (Read 10217 times)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Re: Operations Order No. SBM-2013-027 on 26 November 2013
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
 :o Me too.good point ...

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
OMG! Did the word "chit" or "Holy Chit" offend anyone on here? I and others have read or posted worst spelling of other bad 4 letter words or phrases similar to it and some don't even abbreviate their slightly bad words to express nonchalantly like WTF (meaning Wednesday, Thursday & Friday) yeah right (in your windows), but which "chit" as being one of them! If it offended a moderator/administrator on here, it would have been deleted or blurped out with $%^&* or the forum format auto checker will not allow it to be posted on here even if pun/humor was intended! Anyways, it's JMHO! ??? :o ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:04:00 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 01:05:38 AM »
Nothing wrong with a bit of CHIT chat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »

PS. I am not a fan of vulgarity and/or profanity. We would do better to stick with communicative English. Peace.

???  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???  What did I miss?   ???  ???  ???  ???
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:57 AM »
 :D chit on your Nose is Bad they say.. 8)

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
Whether it is in the form of implication or abbreviation or jest...the intention is still the same.

It is a veiled attempt to use profane or vulgar language.

To think otherwise is simply avoiding the truth.  ;)
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »

profane

prəˈfān,prō-/
adjective
   1.relating or devoted to that which is not sacred or biblical; secular rather than religious.
"a talk that tackled topics both sacred and profane"

2. (of a person or their behavior) not respectful of orthodox religious practice; irreverent.
"desecration of the temple by profane adolescents"

verb
       1.    treat (something sacred) with irreverence or disrespect.
"it was a serious matter to profane a tomb"

vulgar

ˈvəlgər/
adjective
1.    lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.
"the vulgar trappings of wealth"

Now tell me Vicky dearest: Can you give one example of someone on this board showing disrespect for sacred symbols/artifacts/religious beliefs/institutions?

As to vulgarity: This is a value laden terminology where boundaries are set by the society in which one finds themselves. If we were residing in Victorian England you would find strict criteria defining very narrow boundaries there - however - we are not. What words have been used on the forum which could not be used by a Bishop in the Philippines?

Have you met Professor Frankfurt? No? Well, let me introduce him. Professor Harry Frankfurt was born in 1929, graduated from Johns Hopkins University and taught moral philosophy at Yale, with a sideline in 17th Century rationalism. He later taught at Princeton University, where he's now, at the age of 84, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy.

Among Prof Frankfurt’s works is a slim volume published in 2005 by Princeton University Press, titled On Bs. It's a philosophical examination of the preponderance in modern life of that form of bluster termed bs.

One of the first terms one learns in Philosophy studies is 'Sophistry' which predated Socratic discourse or Aristotelian Logic. The Sophist presents information and argument in a manner to confuse and confound the opposition. Accuracy and truth are unimportant - simply 'winning the argument' is what is important. Many do not understand the term 'Sophistry' in this age so we use a term all understand clearly: BS.
The essence of good  communication is brevity and clarity. Even Einstein said ‘If you cannot express it simply then you probably do not understand it’. Using that simple criteria which would be the better communication?
The ‘nice’  Victorian way  - ‘Oh dear you are engaging in Sophistry now and I must question the veracity of your statements’
Or
the simpler and generally accepted – ‘BS’
QED
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:11:58 PM by RUFUS »

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »
When the language starts to shift out of the gray and into the black, I will intervene.
Please, let's keep it on topic, and keep it clean...
Or I'll remove the thread  8)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:29:02 PM by RUFUS »
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 06:53:37 PM »
Agreed Rufus.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS :o

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 06:40:41 AM »
I second that motion!  Thank you brother Rufus!  Some times I get too busy to watch all the children in the playpen.   ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
I second that motion!  Thank you brother Rufus!  Some times I get too busy to watch all the children in the playpen.   ;D

Dang... Heck... Shoot... Fiddlesticks, Gray Wolf!!!  I wander away from the forum for a while, come back, and find that you have allowed posters of unseemly language to run amuck amongst we of delicate sensibilities.

Take heart, I will place emergency collect calls to you during the wee hours of the morning if I see any more of this ribald activity that may escape your notice.

Sleep tight.  ;D
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »
My momma always told me to listen to the teacher so if the Professor Emeritus of philosophy of Princeton says it then I must accept!!
  :D :D :D

Offline tom.inbigdtexas

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »
The gist of it all is just explaining how anyone who is illegally here since before 1992 can apply for normalisation on payment of 50,000 per year of overstay!. Maybe it's just aimed at the Japanese who are still holding on?   ;D

I second iamjames deciphering of the indecipherable.

BTW Art... I'm wondering why this provision for scofflaws caught your attention? Is there something you need to share with us?  If so, for about US$10,000 this is your chance to get it straightened out before BI puts you and Lit'l Red in a huge "return to sender" balikbayan box addressed to California.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D Only teasing you, Art. Keep up the informative posts and don't take any.... [non-profane substance of your choice] from anyone.

Your Friend, Tom.
Dallas, Tx, USA
Mactan, Cebu, PH

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Hi Tom,

Good to see you again on here also in person from our last week's meet up in Cebu with my Brother Lee and still being your jovial self as usual!
I keep telling members on here and on a few other forums that, "don't shoot the messenger" and whenever I do deliver a message concerning immigration matters or whatever, it's all about "each to their own" to decipher the message and they can "nit pick" at it all they want and not the messenger personally!
The $10,000 and my "Little Red" will stay just where they are until I find a better option, if I ever get tired living in the Philippines!
BTW Folks, my wife and I took a short 5 day vacation in Cebu last week and met up with Lee, Tom in Texas and Don aka Salty Dog and had a good time even though it was a brief meeting up with Tom and his lovely wife! Hope we can do it up right next year!
Tex Rex is on my "bucket list" when we go back to Cebu, unless Lee or Don says otherwise about Tex Rex's BBQ! The dinner buffets at the Raddison Blu Hotel was getting old due to the same old dinner menu and not a lot of meat on their menu to sink my teeth into, but their assorted deserts were great! 

Your new found buddy always or
the 3rd musketeer minus the 4th  :o ;)
Art       
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:50:30 PM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!