Author Topic: Ongoing house costs compared to my country  (Read 12561 times)

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Re: Ongoing house costs compared to my country
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
Bill, We checked out Lipa City, personally I couldn't live there. Traffic and pollution in downtown is terrible during so called rush hour. Once you get 10 minutes or so out of town it was great. We looked pretty seriously around Mataas na kahoy and at the time only found one house that would fit out needs size wise. It just so happened to be owned by a American and his Filipino wife who are currently living in the states until he can retire. I'm sure the price doubled to 15000 php a month when the F-I-L who is watching the property saw me. Same size properties in same type neighborhoods in Manila go about half that. He said he would get in touch with the son in law to see if he would come down. Haven't heard from him.
Yes,lipa can be just like little manila.at times.thats why.I told my wife.NO we will not relocate close to a city Life.my Lungs just wont take it.anymore.medic do you have any ideas yet,on just wer you might start looking? I been here in the philippines 5 years now.but I still dont know where the best places to live are..if you like being way away from city life most any provinces will do...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:30:54 PM by wildbill »

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
Bill, We checked out Lipa City, personally I couldn't live there. Traffic and pollution in downtown is terrible during so called rush hour. Once you get 10 minutes or so out of town it was great. We looked pretty seriously around Mataas na kahoy and at the time only found one house that would fit out needs size wise. It just so happened to be owned by a American and his Filipino wife who are currently living in the states until he can retire. I'm sure the price doubled to 15000 php a month when the F-I-L who is watching the property saw me. Same size properties in same type neighborhoods in Manila go about half that. He said he would get in touch with the son in law to see if he would come down. Haven't heard from him.
Yes,lipa can be just like little manila.at times.thats why.I told my wife.NO we will not relocate close to a city Life.my Lungs just wont take it.anymore.medic do you have any ideas yet,on just wer you might start looking? I been here in the philippines 5 years now.but I still dont know where the best places to live are..if you like being way away from city life most any provinces will do...

You could take a look at Palawan  ;) :D

No earthquakes and typhoons are extremely rare and then just the edge.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2014, 12:09:43 AM »
Dan,
Since you're still in the vicinity, you could try Nuvali in Laguna which they still have homes in the P1.5 million to P9 million range! A friend of mine just rented out his newly built single story home for P10,000 a month I believe it was!
If we can live here for 14 years without any complains, doesn't it mean or say something good about the area we live in?
Just trying to help those in their quest to find a better place to live, but it's really all about,
"Each To Their Own", because the saying also goes, "Different Strokes For Different Folks"!  :o ;)

New subdivision development in Nuvali, Laguna
http://tinyurl.com/krzrxsk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:07:39 AM by Art Re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!