Author Topic: Amid rising prices, Poe urges gov't to suspend fuel excise tax  (Read 1791 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Amid rising prices, Poe urges gov't to suspend fuel excise tax
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
Trigger alert! Just filled up yesterday at my neighborhood Kroger gas station in Louisville, KY. Paid $2.86 per gal. 16.033 gals cost me $46. That will last me over a month in my 2002 Jeep Liberty, with just over 68,000 miles on the odometer. I keep the vehicle in top notch condition and hope it lasts another 16 years

Yep thee ol gal looks like she is in top notch condition, hehehehe Love ya Gloria.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »

Yep thee ol gal looks like she is in top notch condition, hehehehe Love ya Gloria.

Glo says "Love you too brother Dan!" 😉
Louisville, KY USA

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
Trigger alert! Just filled up yesterday at my neighborhood Kroger gas station in Louisville, KY. Paid $2.86 per gal. 16.033 gals cost me $46. That will last me over a month in my 2002 Jeep Liberty, with just over 68,000 miles on the odometer. I keep the vehicle in top notch condition and hope it lasts another 16 years

I'm sure it will last another 68,000 miles.  My Landrover was 8 years old with 320,000km on it when I sold it earlier this year.
Londoner at heart

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 03:02:46 AM »
I'm sure it will last another 68,000 miles.  My Landrover was 8 years old with 320,000km on it when I sold it earlier this year.

I replace any worn parts with new, change the oil regularly, have it checked yearly by a trusted mechanic and keep good rubber underneath. Glo enjoys cleaning the interior and exterior. Unless someone crashes into it, we'll likely drive it until it drops. Sitting in the drive today I wouldn't hesitate to jump into it and drive to the end of the continent. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I wish I could take it to the PH with us for our visits  :D
Louisville, KY USA

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »
I replace any worn parts with new, change the oil regularly, have it checked yearly by a trusted mechanic and keep good rubber underneath. Glo enjoys cleaning the interior and exterior. Unless someone crashes into it, we'll likely drive it until it drops. Sitting in the drive today I wouldn't hesitate to jump into it and drive to the end of the continent. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I wish I could take it to the PH with us for our visits  :D

Yeah I know how you feel. Hereís a picture of my jeep that I bought just two months before my last trip to the Philippines and all the time I was there I kept thinking I wish I had my Jeep to travel around the Philippines.
Although it doesnít get the best gas mileage, it doesnít really matter because since Iím retired I donít drive that many miles in a year anyway. So I donít much care about gas mileage or the cost of gas.

Offline David690

• Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »
I had a Jeep Wrangler several years ago.  Loved it, even if it was a bit agricultural. I likened it to a 4WD Harley.  Unfortunately, it wasn't the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, in fact I'd go so far as to say it was the most unreliable.  Just about everything that could have failed, did.  Aircon compressor, clutch, fuel pump, Jeez I even had to replace the fuel tank.  Everything just outside warranty of course.  The last straw was when trying to sell it, a guy turned up for a test drive and the water pump failed. Luckily he bought it anyway, albeit with a considerable discount. :)
Londoner at heart

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog