Author Topic: Condo for business?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Mentalist

• Kamote
Condo for business?
« on: May 29, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »
Anyone here knows a condo developer that allows expat to buy a unit and turn it into a business, my uncle is planning to do this.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: Condo for business?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »
Anyone here knows a condo developer that allows expat to buy a unit and turn it into a business, my uncle is planning to do this.
I am guessing it will depend on the type of business, I will not ask you what type of business as it might make you violate the forum rules but a business which is internet based would work, one which requires foot traffic probably will not, some condos have storefronts on the first floor, that would be the place for businesses, not in the residential portion.

As for members answering this topic, please only full members should supply any links, as new members are not allowed to supply links to commercial establishments.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Mentalist

• Kamote
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
I am guessing it will depend on the type of business, I will not ask you what type of business as it might make you violate the forum rules but a business which is internet based would work, one which requires foot traffic probably will not, some condos have storefronts on the first floor, that would be the place for businesses, not in the residential portion.

As for members answering this topic, please only full members should supply any links, as new members are not allowed to supply links to commercial establishments.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your kind answer. Is there a special office too where expats can apply for business registration? And yes, the business will be an online job probably will have a max of 6 employees here as the rest of the job will operate remotely.

Offline suzukig1

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »
Hi Lee,

Thank you for your kind answer. Is there a special office too where expats can apply for business registration? And yes, the business will be an online job probably will have a max of 6 employees here as the rest of the job will operate remotely.

My wife use to own a small restaurant with a friend.  In many cities in Metro Manila there is a "one stop shop" special office to take care of a lot of the things that need to be done.  (I don't know about outside of Metro Manila.)  The best place to start is the Department of Trade and Industry Office.  http://www.dti.gov.ph

Below is a list of some of the things that need to be done. 

1. SEC to register as a partnership or corporation.  (I think you will need a Filipino partner.)

2. DTI to register your company.

3. Barangay office to get some kind of clearance.

4. Local government office for a permit to run the business.

5. BIR for tax issues

6. SSS for employee stuff

7. PhilHealth for employee stuff

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog