Author Topic: I thought this was excellent  (Read 3313 times)

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
I thought this was excellent
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbMgyhZ5Ms

This movie gives a good view on the beginnings of the rise of oil in the middle east.  I think it was made in 2011 the year I retired and came here so I guess I missed it ....
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: I thought this was excellent
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
Thank you for posting it. Unfortunately that link will not work in the US, says "This video not available in your country" I will try to remember it for when we get back to Cebu.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:28:06 PM »
Try using your Firefox browser with the extension "Media Hint 0.1.1.3.1" enabled and you should be able to view the movie from anywhere. Let us know if it works for you there in the U.S..
I had the same problem when the U.S. blocked certain videos not available here.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »
Try using your Firefox browser with the extension "Media Hint 0.1.1.3.1" enabled and you should be able to view the movie from anywhere. Let us know if it works for you there in the U.S..
I had the same problem when the U.S. blocked certain videos not available here.

Thanks you, I tried FF no help, I am lost on the hint you gave, I tried looking it up and no help there either, maybe you can give me a more detailed explanation as I am lost about things such as that.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:43:26 PM »
See if this helps you to enable "Media Hint" on your Firefox browser;
Open your Firefox browser, go to tools drop down menu and select tools. Go to extensions and enable Media Hint 0.1.13.1

https://www.google.com/search?q=Media+Hint+0.1.13.1+for+Firefox&gws_rd=ssl

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Media+Hint+0.1.1.3.0+for+Firefox

"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline ronnsb

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »
Art, it is no longer available as a free extension. It has a link to "Try It Now", but when I went to read the "Terms of Use" it talked about fees.

Any other ideas? :)
Ron in New Smyrna Beach, Florida

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »
A few minutes ago I opened my Firefox browser and the Media Hint extension is still enabled and still works on U.S. websites that usually blocks overseas countries!
This website http://www.fox.com/ blocks me using my Google Chrome browser says:Geographic Restriction! This content is not available in your location. example:http://www.fox.com/watch/180178499552 but it works fine using my Firefox browser 32.0 version that just got updated automatically a few minutes ago!

I also tried http://www.hulu.com/movies on my Google Chrome browser and the website says:
Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States and again, it works fine on my Firefox browser!
I seldom use my Firefox browser, but it still works fine when ever other countries blocks me using my Google Chrome browser (usually video streaming movies)!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:20:26 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:16 AM »
Same thing for Chrome is "hola better internet" extension.  Allows you to view things not allowed in the US.  You change it per site to make it appear as if you are in UK, US, or another country depending on where you are and where you need to "appear" to be. 
It's what I use when I need to appear in the US while here in the Phils, or when I was in the Phils, usually the UK setting would give me the views that were blocked in the US.
Just go to the chrome extensions sites and look up Hola better internet and install it.  then when you go to a "blocked site" or video on a site click the "extension" icon on your toolbar for Hola and select the country you wish to appear to be connecting from.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »
Same thing for Chrome is "hola better internet" extension.  Allows you to view things not allowed in the US.  You change it per site to make it appear as if you are in UK, US, or another country depending on where you are and where you need to "appear" to be. 
It's what I use when I need to appear in the US while here in the Phils, or when I was in the Phils, usually the UK setting would give me the views that were blocked in the US.
Just go to the chrome extensions sites and look up Hola better internet and install it.  then when you go to a "blocked site" or video on a site click the "extension" icon on your toolbar for Hola and select the country you wish to appear to be connecting from.

Thank you very much, that worked for me, now all I have to do is watch Black Gold.   ;)

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:41:43 AM »
This Chrome "Hola better internet" extension works fine after getting the settings right and with some adult R rated movies, one has to sign-in or create an account with Hulu.com to be able to watch the movie on their Hulu.com website, but with certain movies I just hate watching their commercials every 5 to 7 minute intervals within the entire full length of the movie. 
With Firefox's "Media Hint", it's all automatic, maybe except for the adult movies, not sure haven't come to that yet using Firefox.
That's why I'm not into watching video streaming movies, but just as a last resort, which is seldom!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:59:53 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil/Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog