Author Topic: Thieving Bast---s  (Read 4827 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
Re: Thieving Bast---s
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
NCCC is NOT a mall. Nor is Unitop.

A shopping mall, shopping center/centre, shopping arcade, shopping precinct, or simply mall is one or more buildings forming a complex of shops representing various merchandisers, with interconnecting walkways enabling visitors to walk from unit to unit. Other establishments including movie theaters and restaurants are also often included.

NCCC and Unitop do not make the cut.

And yes there was a "movie theater" here years ago, but it did not show "First Run" foreign movies as we now have in the "Cinema" at Robinson Mall, which actually meets the criterion of a mall.

NCCC describe themselves as a mall, and Unitop has spaces for other merchandisers.

A place where you pay to watch movies is a cinema, I can't see why they need to be "First Run" foreign movies to get that title.

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 02:07:20 PM »
Considering this is an expat forum it would only seem logical to gauge things by the standards to which we have been accustomed; hence, when a person seeking information in regards to living here would have a better understanding and expectation of goods and services here in the Philippines.

NCCC can call themselves whatever they chose, but by western standards they are simply a department store. SM, Robinson's and MOA are malls which were designed based upon western architecture.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
K - back to topic - reconnection after the thievin B*****ds. I found than an open offer of 500 pesos to the winner (in the office) got me connected within two hours.

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
Before the storm I had hard wired internet with Globe, Since the storm we just got internet back. We went to PLDT first as they were advertising immediate hook up but only to find out they were only hooking up business.  As luck would have it Globe contacted up with a wireless 4G deal which we jumped on.  I was getting extremely tired of not having internet..took a week or so but its what I'm operating on now...other than the occasional drop out it seems fine and fairly fast...I cant notice the difference between hard wired.  When will they get the hard wire going again?  Only God knows as they still have not cleaned up the wires from the storm...but I can recommend Globe 4G
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it