Author Topic: Check in thread for just saying hi  (Read 81837 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Check in thread for just saying hi
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2015, 05:11:37 AM »
Art Job well done but I think you done lots of paperwork to get this done well im now alone here on the BB stamp now. I must be in last place now.
Yeah Bill, after using the Balikbayan Program for the past 17 years and now that I do not want having to leave the country every yr or once every 3 yrs after visa extensions, I've decided to apply for my permanent residence via the EXPANDED SRRV for ex-military/Vets.
Doing my physical exams and other paperwork in the U.S. was easier than I thought.
Now that I have submitted my SRRV application on Jun 10 at the PRA office in Makati, I just have to wait 15-20 working days for them to finish the process and then it's indefinite after I finally get my permanent resident visa and SRRV I.D. card, which only required a $1,400 application fee and a $1,500 bank security deposit and the annual report fee is only $10 a year, which is once every 3 years and my SRRV I.D. card renewal is every 5 years and what's good is that the SRRVisa is indefinite. Luckily my new U.S. passport is now good for another 10 years. 
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
Why are you lucky that your U.S. just being renewed is good now for another 10 years.  Because you got an SRRV and you don't have to leave the country to go to the U.S. to renew your passport?  Well, I think when my U.S. passport expires, I will just fill out the application online for renewal and run over to the U.S. Embassy in Manila and finish processing for a renewal.  Which is what will probably happen as I believe it will expire way before I decide to take me a vacation over there in that place.  I would say if I ever do but I think sooner or later I will have to go there to take care of a few things.  Not my passport though.
Whatever floats your boat.

• Sr Member
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2015, 03:51:32 AM »
Because Bud, my previous passport was only good for 5 years! So my new 10 yr U.S. passport is a good deal. My wife's U.S. passport will expire in 3 yrs, just the right time to go on vacation in the U.S. and she can renew hers while there. Do it here in the Philippines? Are you kidding? We stay away from Manila as much as possible. It was bad enough going to the PRA office in Makati last week and hiring a driver and vehicle is sort of expensive to some people, P2,500 (toll not included, but breakfast and lunch was for the driver) round trip just for the morning and early afternoon! I personally do not or never ever drive in Manila or any crowded city nearby within a 50 mile radius! Just too hectic and parking is hard to find.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:03:06 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
Art You do not have to go to Manila you can send it by Air 21 to them read the directions on the US Embassy website takes around 4 days to receive it back

• Sr Member
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2015, 06:56:57 AM »
Art You do not have to go to Manila you can send it by Air 21 to them read the directions on the US Embassy website takes around 4 days to receive it back
I knew that, just a little absent minded!  ::) :o
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2015, 08:54:38 AM »
It is true you can send the application and old passport by Air21.  Then they will email you with payment instructions and you or a representative will have to go to the Embassy to make the payment.  You should receive your passport in 2-3 weeks(normally takes longer).  Read step 3 and 4 of the Embassy web site:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/passports/renewal.html

Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Art.....good news indeed..I hope all this good info on the renwal of passports lands in the easy to find place because when I do need to renew mine I prob forget to.anyways very good to know..Bud I also don't have the desire to ever go back to the US.....period....besides not having very much family alive there its to costly and you might find this strange but I just don't like being on an Airplane full of Americans chatting away..after being here for 7 years it hurts my head....don't get me wrong  I love my country.but.....

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »
Hey WB, you can do all that with your passport at the Embassy as people have been saying but before you actually do, check their website for all the current procedures at the time you do.  Also, check to make sure they are processing them at that time.  Right now, to my knowledge as of a few days ago, there was a computer glitch with the passport processing system and for any US Embassy overseas, there is a hold temporary hold on processing until sometime after they get it straightened out.

Don't feel bad about what you said.  I love my country too but too many people are trying to bring it down both knowingly and unknowingly and also when I too get around too many Americans talking, my head begins to hurt really bad.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »
LOL ,Thanks Budman for the update on passports.....so dang right about some people Bringing down the US......I just don't wanna ever drive to maynila anymore..we take the Bus now and we sold the car to..now I wish we still had that car...shhh not really but  you kinda get wet traveling by Jeepney  and sidecar motor Bikes so I guess I will get another truck just to goto town.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
Sitting here in Florida at home in our condo waiting for the evening so I can watch all the fireworks, I sure wish I had all the money all those people spend on those fireworks, darn I sure would be rich, and I used to be one of them :( shooting some off but nowadays it is much more fun watching others do it.

Any fireworks where you all live?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2015, 04:30:56 AM »
Sitting here watching movies...ended up not doing anything for the 4th...Maline didnt get home till late trying to get some stuff done with the well...jonesing for a Hardees burger
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »
Well the 4th is nothing here but I was thinking about all the Fire works too we did growing up and when I had a Family with kids and how we drove to Alabama just to buy the stuff for our parties at home.I have all those memories stuck in my head and now I live alone with my pinay wife and none of my kids even look for me anymore....now that's how you can tell your getting old and Forgotton.

• Sr Member
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »
The U.S. 4th of July here in the Philippines is just another day in the lives of us retirees living here, where everyday is a holiday far far away from the 'Human Rat Race"!  ;) 
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »
The U.S. 4th of July here in the Philippines is just another day in the lives of us retirees living here, where everyday is a holiday far far away from the 'Human Rat Race"!  ;)

Luckily here, no one is trying to do away with Christmas.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »
Pretty neat here with a full panoramic view of fireworks in every direction we can see. Anyway the wife and I are just kicking back and relaxing out on the balcony enjoying retirement life. Hope you all are enjoying your lives too wherever you call home.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog