Author Topic: New global moderator  (Read 3100 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
New global moderator
« on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »
We seem to have gained a new global moderator in the form of Diba, and he is a newbie! It would be nice to get some background on our new boss.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: New global moderator
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »
Yeah, I was just about to ask him, even though he is a moderator, if he is someone living here or if he was outside of the country.  I have seen him moderating the forums for a while now but had never said anything until now.

Excuse me.  I should not assume the new global moderator is a he. I meant to say either he or she.  Or maybe the new gender.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:38:56 AM by BudM »
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 08:37:41 AM »
 ???

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »
As for myself, I have learned to never ask questions as forum owners and admins run their forum the way they wish to and therefore usually have reasons for what they do.

As for any mod being your/our boss, whenever I had been a mod or admin on quite a few forums (I still am on one forum) I have never considered myself anyone's boss, all I considered was my job was to keep the forum running smoothly and that it was always the members who were the ones who were the important ones on any forum because without them/us/you all, there would be no forum.

So to all the mods and admins on all forums, thank you for the hard work you do, I only wish members could see and understand how hard your jobs can be at times.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:30:29 AM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
Maybe I am reading this wrong but, does this mean the new mod being a mod, gets a free pass to go ahead and show up on the board, not say anything and mess with our stuff but we should not inquire anything about them?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
Maybe I am reading this wrong but, does this mean the new mod being a mod, gets a free pass to go ahead and show up on the board, not say anything and mess with our stuff but we should not inquire anything about them?

If you are referring to my post, no I am not putting any meaning in my post other than what I wrote. You guys and gals are of course able to ask anything you wish to, I was referring to myself.  I will now edit my other post to be clearer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:31:59 AM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
Who, what new global moderator? I've just been lurking lately and didn't even know the board had a new global moderator! As much as Gray Wolf, I and other members harp about new members introducing themselves, this new global moderator is no exception!
So, how's about it Diba? BTW, just curious, does your username mean you're are a Fil/Am of any sort, because "diba" is a question mark in Tagalog?
At least when Dan became a global moderator, he finally came out and admitted being a new mod and explained himself to the members on here! I'm even surprised that Gray Wolf didn't even mentioned that Dan and now Diba were and are now the board's new global moderators in advance!
Anyway, welcome as our new mods!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 11:57:04 AM »
I agree that the most important people on a forum are the posters, but if someone new comes along with the power to make big changes then it would be nice to know something about them. Moderators are essential, and it is a difficult and thankless task, but they need to be unbiased and fair minded, I have had personal experience of a rogue moderator .

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 12:24:12 PM »
So, how's about it Diba? BTW, just curious, does your username mean you're are a Fil/Am of any sort, because "diba" is a question mark in Tagalog?

Also, "diba" could be the Tagalog version of "diva", di ba Art? So the new mod could be a 'she.'  I agree though that it would be nice to know a little bit of info about a new member.  We've always encouraged that, as a rule.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
As for myself, I have learned to never ask questions as forum owners and admins run their forum the way they wish to and therefore usually have reasons for what they do.

As for any mod being your/our boss, whenever I had been a mod or admin on quite a few forums (I still am on one forum) I have never considered myself anyone's boss, all I considered was my job was to keep the forum running smoothly and that it was always the members who were the ones who were the important ones on any forum because without them/us/you all, there would be no forum.

So to all the mods and admins on all forums, thank you for the hard work you do, I only wish members could see and understand how hard your jobs can be at times.

If you are referring to my post, no I am not putting any meaning in my post other than what I wrote. You guys and gals are of course able to ask anything you wish to, I was referring to myself.  I will now edit my other post to be clearer.

Yes Lee, I was referring to what you said.  From what I saw, the only posts on here prior to what you said was by me and Colin and I did not see where either of us said anything about any moderators being any forum members bosses, etc., etc. and I did not see anything said that showed any non appreciation that caused you to wish that members could see for themselves the thankless job that moderators do.

Maybe you had friends gathered around your computer monitor who you were lecturing on how members should act on a forum and just happened to put it in words for them to see.

All I know is, Diba shows up here and doesn't say a word and starts moving stuff around.  Yes, this is a private forum and I have no say in how it is run but it sure would be nice, since after all this is supposedly a friendly forum, that either Diba says something or Jack gets on here and tells us that Diba is some kind of top secret agent and for us to keep our mouths shut and just make believe he isn't here.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »
Colin's first post said boss, that was what I was referring to. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers. No I did  not have anyone in my room with me other than the 2 little guys who sit on my shoulders and keep telling me what to do.  ;) My post came from how I feel inside. Sorry again, I will keep my opinions to my self from now on.

(Colin) We seem to have gained a new global moderator in the form of Diba, and he is a newbie! It would be nice to get some background on our new boss.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:34:54 PM by Lee »

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »

All I know is, Diba shows up here and doesn't say a word and starts moving stuff around.  Yes, this is a private forum and I have no say in how it is run but it sure would be nice, since after all this is supposedly a friendly forum, that either Diba says something or Jack gets on here and tells us that Diba is some kind of top secret agent and for us to keep our mouths shut and just make believe he isn't here.

Diba is a secret agent doing behind the lines work for the betterment of the Forum.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.   ;)

I agree that the most important people on a forum are the posters, but if someone new comes along with the power to make big changes then it would be nice to know something about them. Moderators are essential, and it is a difficult and thankless task, but they need to be unbiased and fair minded, I have had personal experience of a rogue moderator .

Colin, this is the third time you've brought up your checkered past.  The "rogue" moderator you speak so harshly of is still a member of the Forum and I'm sure it gives him great personal pain to read your vindictive posts over and over again.  Give it a rest.  And for the record I was the one who banned you all those times, not he.  Only the Administrator has the power to ban members, or to reinstate members, for that matter.

It was my decision to ask a good friend to help me with the Forum by rearranging some topics that are jumbled up.  No one needs to know anything about him/her other than that he/she volunteered to assist and I have given him/her specific powers to move things, compact topics, remove broken threads and make suggestions based on research on what we can do to improve the forum making it a better place for all to enjoy.

There is a reason for the secrecy, but it is no one's business but mine and Diba's.  Just trust me when I say this person is valuable to us, is working to help us, and you have nothing to fear from this person. 

Have a lovely day, all!   :)
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH