Author Topic: Visa Types  (Read 14033 times)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Visa Types
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:45 AM »
Some day a bright person will do out here a full list of visa types and codes with a short (very) explanation of what each means. Just a simple database listing the codes etc. Like many here I just can't get my head around all the alternatives!  :-\ ??? :( :'(
It's the age thing!

Philippines Visas

Non-Immigrant

9(A)    Pleasure, business or health
9(B)    Transit
9(C)    Seaman on a ship docking in a port of entry in the Philippines
9(D)    Alien businessman
9(E)    Foreign government officials and their dependents, assistants and employees
9(F)    Students
9(G)    Pre-arranged employees and their dependents

Immigrant

13    Quota immigrants, of which no more than fifty of any one nationality or without nationality may be admitted within one calendar year. Immigrants who are issued Section 13 visas belonging to one of the seven listed sub-categories under CA 613 are considered non-quota immigrants, and may be admitted despite the quota.
13(A)    The spouse or unmarried child (below 21) of a Filipino citizen.
13(B)    Children born during a temporary visit abroad to mothers granted permanent residence in the Philippines.
13(C)    Children born after the issuance of the visa of the accompanying parent.
13(D)    Women who lost Filipino citizenship by virtue of marriage to a foreign spouse, and her unmarried children
13(E)    Permanent residents returning to the Philippines from a temporary visit abroad to resume permanent residence.
13(F)    A natural-born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in a foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence, including his spouse and minor unmarried children.
13(G)    Natural-born Filipinos and their dependents who have naturalized in a foreign country and wish to permanently reside in the Philippines. This visa was provided for under Republic Act No. 4376, passed in 1965.

Special

SIRV[5]    Special Investor's Resident Visa. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who have shareholdings in Philippine corporations engaged in the manufacturing or services sectors, involved in projects listed under the Investment Priority Plan, or are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange. This visa is issued by the BI in coordination with the Board of Investments.
SVEG[6]    Special Visa for Employment Generation. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who employ at least ten Filipinos in a lawful enterprise or business venture.
SRRV[7]    Special Resident Retiree's Visa. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who wish to retire in the Philippines. This visa is issued by the BI in coordination with the Philippine Retirement Authority.
SEVOBU[8]    Special Employment Visa for Offshore Banking Unit. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who are employed by the Philippine offshore units of foreign banks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_Philippines
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:09:51 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline rubydave

Re: Visa Types
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
Some day a bright person will do out here a full list of visa types and codes with a short (very) explanation of what each means. Just a simple database listing the codes etc. Like many here I just can't get my head around all the alternatives!  :-\ ??? :( :'(
It's the age thing!

Philippines Visas

Non-Immigrant

9(A)    Pleasure, business or health
9(B)    Transit
9(C)    Seaman on a ship docking in a port of entry in the Philippines
9(D)    Alien businessman
9(E)    Foreign government officials and their dependents, assistants and employees
9(F)    Students
9(G)    Pre-arranged employees and their dependents

Immigrant

13    Quota immigrants, of which no more than fifty of any one nationality or without nationality may be admitted within one calendar year. Immigrants who are issued Section 13 visas belonging to one of the seven listed sub-categories under CA 613 are considered non-quota immigrants, and may be admitted despite the quota.
13(A)    The spouse or unmarried child (below 21) of a Filipino citizen.
13(B)    Children born during a temporary visit abroad to mothers granted permanent residence in the Philippines.
13(C)    Children born after the issuance of the visa of the accompanying parent.
13(D)    Women who lost Filipino citizenship by virtue of marriage to a foreign spouse, and her unmarried children
13(E)    Permanent residents returning to the Philippines from a temporary visit abroad to resume permanent residence.
13(F)    A natural-born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in a foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence, including his spouse and minor unmarried children.
13(G)    Natural-born Filipinos and their dependents who have naturalized in a foreign country and wish to permanently reside in the Philippines. This visa was provided for under Republic Act No. 4376, passed in 1965.

Special

SIRV[5]    Special Investor's Resident Visa. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who have shareholdings in Philippine corporations engaged in the manufacturing or services sectors, involved in projects listed under the Investment Priority Plan, or are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange. This visa is issued by the BI in coordination with the Board of Investments.
SVEG[6]    Special Visa for Employment Generation. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who employ at least ten Filipinos in a lawful enterprise or business venture.
SRRV[7]    Special Resident Retiree's Visa. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who wish to retire in the Philippines. This visa is issued by the BI in coordination with the Philippine Retirement Authority.
SEVOBU[8]    Special Employment Visa for Offshore Banking Unit. This is a non-immigrant visa granted to foreign nationals and their dependents who are employed by the Philippine offshore units of foreign banks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_Philippines

There is "Non-Quota" visa which is available also for Foreign citizens married to Filipino ...This Non-Quota visa gives an automatic permanent residency to foreign citizens ...This is the easy option for foreign citizens (married to Filipino) who want to live in the Philippines permanently and I think this is renewable every 5 years.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
It's already listed on the OP, under immigrat qouta available also as a nonimmigart qouta.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »
Thanks Gray. I'll have to consider the options. Marriage is the easy one but only as a last resort!

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »
What is not mentioned on the list is the Special SRRV for the U.S. retired military who have at least served a tour of duty in the Philippines for at least 2 years and the bank security deposit is only $1,500 compared to the regular $10,000 deposit!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »
If I remember correctly, which I may not, on the retirement visa the deposited money amount changes with age
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »

There is "Non-Quota" visa which is available also for Foreign citizens married to Filipino ...This Non-Quota visa gives an automatic permanent residency to foreign citizens ...This is the easy option for foreign citizens (married to Filipino) who want to live in the Philippines permanently and I think this is renewable every 5 years.

Yes,the 13a non quota visa is permanent when applied for in a Philippine embassy overseas.
The only thing that needs renewing every five years is the ACR card.
The visa is permanent!

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »
until she divorces you

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »
until she divorces you

Cruel but probably sometimes true, luckily not in my case since the wife has already put up with me for 20 years. So then my question would be, does a person on a 13a have to convert back to a tourist visa or leave? We go and stay each year on a Balikbayan stamp but I had considered a 13a or an SRRV in the past and never considered what might happen in case of divorce or God forbid the death of a spouse?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline FMSINC

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »
I believe you have the right to apply for a tourist visa but only if your separation is friendly

This seldom happens, as there is no divorce here they usually try to charge you with abuse or adultery in the complaint then you may well be on your way to prison before the long trip home better be sure you marry the right person

Since I lived here this has happened to 3 expats I have known

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »
until she divorces you

No divorce in the Philippines!

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »
I believe you have the right to apply for a tourist visa but only if your separation is friendly

This seldom happens, as there is no divorce here they usually try to charge you with abuse or adultery in the complaint then you may well be on your way to prison before the long trip home better be sure you marry the right person

Since I lived here this has happened to 3 expats I have known

Im not so sure that this is what they usually do.. I`m sure it happens occasionally .. Just not usually IMO.

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 02:11:24 AM »
Ok, so today I finally got all the paper work together for the 13a, when Maline and I went to extend my tourist visa I showed it to the folks there, and they made an appointment for us to come back next week as the head person will be out of town until next week.  They said the paper work was good and I needed to bring 10k php for the application..if its as simple as that, I will save the 10k in the first 5 months....
Now my question, If Maline predeceased me, which is very unlikely,  would the 13a still be good?

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
Coleman.. If my wife  predeceased me (God forbid) I would be the last person to volunteer that information to the B.I.
I have checked the B.I website and cant find anything that would require me to do so..

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »
I will find out, I have friends here that are BI, actually my bday is soon and they are coming over, I can probably find out over a couple of red horse.
I agree with you, why would they have to know, but for me here, Im sure it would get out..you know the Philippines...nothing stays secret for long.
I think if you have a will its legal for you to keep the land but not positive, Maline predeceasing me is not something I want to think about. But we live in a real world, she is always out on her scooter and the way people drive here anything is possible

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog