Author Topic: Visa Types  (Read 14069 times)

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
Re: Visa Types
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »
I will find out, I have friends here that are BI, actually my bday is soon and they are coming over, I can probably find out over a couple of red horse.
I agree with you, why would they have to know, but for me here, Im sure it would get out..you know the Philippines...nothing stays secret for long.
I think if you have a will its legal for you to keep the land but not positive, Maline predeceasing me is not something I want to think about. But we live in a real world, she is always out on her scooter and the way people drive here anything is possible

I'd be interested to know the answer to this issue. My husband did ask me about this as well.
Thank you.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 11:28:21 PM »
Interesting little thread.

I knew about the SRRV - compared to what Thailand and Malaysia offer it is frankly quite attractive - long may it continue! :)

Hadn't thought of the 13A marriage visa. Partner (filipina) and I have been together for nearly ten years now, and I suspect we'll be together until we die, so that is something to consider. Possibly no advantage to that over the SRRV though? We are quite happy not married right now! :)

My plan is to initially go to Phils for a year full-time to see how things work out. I'm thinking I could get the 59 day tourist visa here, and then renew in country. Does that sound reasonable?

Is it possible to get a tourist visa that allows a one year stay without having to get renewals?

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
Interesting little thread.

I knew about the SRRV - compared to what Thailand and Malaysia offer it is frankly quite attractive - long may it continue! :)

Hadn't thought of the 13A marriage visa. Partner (filipina) and I have been together for nearly ten years now, and I suspect we'll be together until we die, so that is something to consider. Possibly no advantage to that over the SRRV though? We are quite happy not married right now! :)

My plan is to initially go to Phils for a year full-time to see how things work out. I'm thinking I could get the 59 day tourist visa here, and then renew in country. Does that sound reasonable?

Is it possible to get a tourist visa that allows a one year stay without having to get renewals?

The Philippines now has the long stay visa for tourists and I believe that a tourist can now stay up to 36 months total on visa renewals.
LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE) http://tinyurl.com/ox8hdh2

Who can apply?
All temporary visitors, regardless of nationality and not otherwise disqualified, who wish to extend his/her tourist visa during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extension.  The total duration of extension shall be not more than six (6) months from the time of expiration of authorized stay. 
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 12:07:09 AM »
Thank you, that is very useful. It looks like it is reasonably priced too. Safely bookmarked. Thanks again for the quick response!

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 07:16:39 AM »

There is "Non-Quota" visa which is available also for Foreign citizens married to Filipino ...This Non-Quota visa gives an automatic permanent residency to foreign citizens ...This is the easy option for foreign citizens (married to Filipino) who want to live in the Philippines permanently and I think this is renewable every 5 years.

Yes,the 13a non quota visa is permanent when applied for in a Philippine embassy overseas.
The only thing that needs renewing every five years is the ACR card.
The visa is permanent!

Fred what happens though to the Visa stamp in the US Passport when your US Passport expires?  My Passport will expire next year in July and my 13a Immigrant Card is due for renewal in January.  What are the procedures, will the new passport get another Visa whole page placement?  Will they ask for the passport?   
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

There is "Non-Quota" visa which is available also for Foreign citizens married to Filipino ...This Non-Quota visa gives an automatic permanent residency to foreign citizens ...This is the easy option for foreign citizens (married to Filipino) who want to live in the Philippines permanently and I think this is renewable every 5 years.

Yes,the 13a non quota visa is permanent when applied for in a Philippine embassy overseas.
The only thing that needs renewing every five years is the ACR card.
The visa is permanent!

Fred what happens though to the Visa stamp in the US Passport when your US Passport expires?  My Passport will expire next year in July and my 13a Immigrant Card is due for renewal in January.  What are the procedures, will the new passport get another Visa whole page placement?  Will they ask for the passport?   

Mcalleyboy,

You would renew your ACR card in January, then apply for a new passport prior to July.  Then you have the option of carry two passports to the BI for any action with them and also for travel to and from the RP, or have BI transfer the stamps to your new passport so you only have to carry one passport.  Your new passport will not even have an entry stamp unless you have it transferred.  Probably would use this form to get it done:  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/VariousApplicationsForms/2014-10-004%20Rev%200%20Application%20For%20Transfer%20or%20Correction%20Form.pdf

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:26 AM »
Thank you Chuck that was real helpful for me, I guess I'm a little worried about being told to renew my passport in January but it doesn't expire till July, hopefully I won't need to do this and just be able to get my Immigrant card renewal completed, I wonder what the cost is on that now? 
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »
The immigration card renewal will cost you $50 peso equivalent, plus 500 express lane fee, plus since u are talking 310 php for annual registration.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »
Thank you Chuck that was real helpful for me, I guess I'm a little worried about being told to renew my passport in January but it doesn't expire till July, hopefully I won't need to do this and just be able to get my Immigrant card renewal completed, I wonder what the cost is on that now?

I do not know if this would help or not but there was an article I posted about passports less than 6 months old now being allowed, so they should also allow you and others to have a passport due in less than 6 months.
 http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=50406.0
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »
The immigration card renewal will cost you $50 peso equivalent, plus 500 express lane fee, plus since u are talking 310 php for annual registration.

Chuck

Thanks again Chuck I appreciate the information.     :D

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
Lee2 Thanks for this again, yes this is what helped me initially and took away some anxiety because I live so far from Manila and to travel back and forth, costs of renting a van and then later on dealing with the US Embassy.  I feel so much better about the renewal this year and then the following 4 years after I can drive myself to Sta Rosa for my yearly check-in's.     :)

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog