Author Topic: ANSWERS REQUIRED BEFORE BUYING A PROPERTY SUITABLE FOR A DEEP WELL  (Read 4988 times)

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
Re: ANSWERS REQUIRED BEFORE BUYING A PROPERTY SUITABLE FOR A DEEP WELL
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »
The only time we ever bother with an occupancy permit is if we need a mayors business permit.. We never bothered getting one for our house..I cant see the point.

We were told that we had to get one before we could move in. We did not think we had any choice, but this is the Philippines......

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 03:24:54 PM »
Joel P I totally agree, you could not pay me to live in a metro area where all the inspections and bs go on....its one of the major reasons I live here....freedom
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline ABCDeVil

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
The only concern I have, from my research into wells, is that lots of places have septic tank type systems. Ummm just a thought, where does that leech into the ground and could it go near your well water supply??? So maybe, as someone has said earlier, use and catch rain water, then pump that back into the house. This might mean, changing your roof / gutter system, to allow for better catchment of rain, before diverting into your underground water storage. As you are already thinking of digging anyway, you might consider making the holes bigger and putting in the underground tanks. Just my 2 piso's worth

Offline BingColin

• Sr Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
The only concern I have, from my research into wells, is that lots of places have septic tank type systems. Ummm just a thought, where does that leech into the ground and could it go near your well water supply??? So maybe, as someone has said earlier, use and catch rain water, then pump that back into the house. This might mean, changing your roof / gutter system, to allow for better catchment of rain, before diverting into your underground water storage. As you are already thinking of digging anyway, you might consider making the holes bigger and putting in the underground tanks. Just my 2 piso's worth

Many of the septic tanks built here, particularly the older ones, only have two chambers, a digester and a soak-away. The central settlement chamber is omitted which means that anything stirred up in the digester will get into the ground. Leach fields are also omitted because there is not room for them. Grey water is often directed to the digester tank which could kill off the bacteria and cause the tank to fill quickly. Add to that that very few people maintain anything, just fix it when it gets broke, and you have a very unhealthy situation.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 11:32:18 PM »

I guess it depends on where you build, but we had to apply for a building permit where the plans had to be approved by seven different departments, but then there were no inspections during the build. We then had to get an occupancy permit which involved inspectio by three different departments including the fire department. They told us to buy four fire extinguishers and a smoke alarm. We also had to fit two sliding fire escapes but were told we could remove them after the inspection  :) There did not seem any control on exactly what we built but we had to meet all their regulations. The easiest way to do that is to get a draughtsman who they recommended to draw up the plan.

When we started off everyone was fine with our build.  The neighbors were excited to see the house and the bargangay officials had given us their blessing.  We were well into our build and moving along nicely, until the next door neighbor complained.  Seems shabu use had eaten into his brain and he was angry because we were going to "overshadow" his house.   ???  He kept complaining to the barangay which forced us to get the necessary permits, approved plans, etc.  This cost us about 1 month and several thousand pisos.  But the family prevailed, the plans were approved, signed off and the house was completed.  The whiny neighbor is now sitting in jail on drug charges.  Karma is a bitch    ;) :D   
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 12:27:12 AM »
I found some old pics of our original water pump and tank in Novaliches.  These were taken about 2001

The pressurized tank

The well head with pump, both electric and manual

Fast forward to 2014:

While I'm in the album, here's a couple of pics of the old house compared to the new house:

Circa 2001-2002

2010 (note water tank in corner of courtyard)

2 months ago, with new insulated roof over courtyard

The family sari sari store

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:28:52 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog