Author Topic: Just a short story of my wifeís Auntís simple life  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Just a short story of my wifeís Auntís simple life
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »
My wifeís Aunt is in her early 70s, her husband in his late 70s and raised 4 boys and 2 girls in their little house in Castillejos, Zambales.
All of her adult children are all grown up with children of their own with yayas and with good jobs.
She and her husband were petitioned by their youngest daughter to live with them and help take care of their 2 grand children in the U.S. so both of them could work full time jobs.
Last year her Aunt was diagnosed with lung cancer! She never had any vices in her life, but when she was in the Philippines she was constantly burning trash in their back yard often and hence in MHO is how she contracted lung cancer.
6 months ago she and her husband returned to their home town since the doctors in the U.S. could not do anymore for her other failing affected organs and she didn't want to continue anymore treatments in hopes to prolong her life which was already in the last terminal stages with her only given months left to live.
She wanted a Catholic priest to read her her last rites, but the priest couldn't, because he noticed on their marriage certificate that the church they were married at was not a Catholic church and not with an ordained Catholic priest. So, a few days ago a Catholic priest married them and then the priest gave her her last rites, the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick. 
She passed away peacefully yesterday with her entire immediate family all around her by her bedside. May she rest in peace!     
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:01:31 PM by Art, a re(tired) "Kano" aka a Fil/Am on paper »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Just a short story of my wifeís Auntís simple life
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
:(

Our condolences Art.

May she rest in peace.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline meylou

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:41:25 AM »
My sincere condolences, Art.

My older brother who was 64 years died of lung cancer in 2010. He did not smoke but he often was in Manila for his business.  Unfortunately, a lot of people he was dealing with smoked so he was exposed to second hand smoke, plus the smog in Manila didn't help either.  He came back to California in January, 2010 and we didn't realize (he didn't either) that he was that sick. Since I am the only retired and not working member of our family, I took care of my brother while he was in the hospital.  It was very hard for me to watch him so sick like that.  It was a stage 4 lung cancer. He died in April, 2010, 64 years old.
What we think we become... Buddha
:)

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:54:07 AM »
RIP
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 02:05:38 AM »
Our condolences Meylou.

May he rest in peace.

Cancer is a terrible terrible terrible disease that IMO should have been conquered a long time ago.

There has been a lot of talk for many years in the Philippines and according to my wife that Soursop fruit is supposed to be good at killing cancer but who knows if it is true or not and unfortunately that will not help your brother or Jho's aunt, yet might help someone, thus why I have mentioned it here.

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:03:50 AM »
My sincerest condolences to Art & Meylou and your families. God Bless.....

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 07:17:53 AM »
My condolences to both of you.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »
May their memories live on in you.
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline piozam13

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
Art and Meylou,
Sorry to hear about your loss.  R I P to them.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
Thanks everyone for your heart felt warm condolences! I'm sure everyone has family members, relatives and or friends who have love ones who have passed on and sometimes it's just a nice moment to remember them in our thoughts and sometimes to share our memories with others.   
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lei

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
Condolence Kuya Art and Meylou. Kuya Art, just a thought, what if your wife's aunt's husband died first and was buried in the US. Then the aunt can no longer get married in Catholic rites by an ordained priest and can't receive the last rites even tho she is a practicing Catholic! I think the Pope should be notified of this" Only in the Philippines" rule and teach them a lesson on acceptance and compassion.My neice has similar problem, she met a nice man, unfortunately, he was married briefly to someone who went abroad and forgot about him. They are both Catholics. They live together( annulment is not heard yet at the time and even then, can't afford it) and have 2 beautiful kids. Imagine how shocked  I was when they told me, the catholic priest in our parish refused to baptize the kids because they are illegitimate! They changed religion.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:53:20 PM by julie »

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog