Author Topic: What Do You Need To Visit Philippines  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Travelguy

• Sr Member
What Do You Need To Visit Philippines
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
I am not sure if this has been updated on your website, but after reading your introduction page, I thought I would pass this on.
I got this information in regard of hoping more Canadians will visiting the Philippines.
More people should experience the the filipino smile.

CONSULAR SERVICES
Issuance of Visa
Beginning 01 August 2013, the visa-free period for foreign nationals from 151 countries including Canada is extended from the previous 21 days to a month (30 days). A passport with a validity of at least 6 months, and a round-trip plane ticket or an outbound ticket to the next port of destination must be presented to the Immigration authorities upon arrival in the Philippines.

For a stay in the Philippines for more than 30 days, Canadians may apply for a 59-day tourist visa, valid for a single entry. Processing of the visa applications takes five (5) business days upon compliance with the following requirements.

http://www.philcongen-toronto.com/consular/consular_visa.php

Offline Vicks

• Sr Member
Re: What Do You Need To Visit Philippines
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »
The list of countries to which the ruling applies continues to expand.

Tourism generates a huge amount of revenue which gets distributed throughout the economy.

It is a source of income that actually reaches those at the bottom of the economic stratum; thus, keeping it out of the hands of the corrupt.
Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
-Sandra Carey

Offline Shewmake

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
All of the above, plus a pocket full of cash, or ATM card that will let you draw on banks here. With money-- it really is more fun in the Philippines.

;) :) ;D
Here for good,
Stephen

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:34:43 PM »
Just one correction: Processing of the visa takes about 20 minutes when you do it in the immigration offices which are in most large towns.

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »
Just a quick reminder, It's probably superfluous but,
don't forget to inform your bank/s that you will be travelling
overseas and using your cards. They might not allow/block you
withdrawing otherwise, and it may cause a headache trying to
inform your bank from here in the Phil.

Graham