Author Topic: Forum meet up  (Read 30659 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Forum meet up
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 11:00:34 AM »
Just saw the post on reunion. I agree to disagree. It is insurmountable to probably 90% of us.

Rick
What post are you replying to? Probably best to use the quote icon when replying to a particular post, so members can then comment on your post and better understand your comment context.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »
I will be in Cebu from Feb 24th until sometime in early May if anyone would like to meet up for coffee or a meal, just message me or post here.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »
We made it to Cebu safe, now I just have to wait until my brain arrives. The trip went well, I was able to sign up for a 7 day plan on my pocket wifi by passing a load to it from my wife's phone and then one from my phone since it required p250 and passaload was limited to p200 each, anyway I am back online and hope to meet up with some of you who are in Cebu or will be visiting.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 12:32:41 AM »
Well we are back in Cebu, should anyone from the forum member or visitor wish to meet up for coffee or just general bs, that's right Lee2 or sometimes referred to as Lee number 2 by those who may not like me lol is in Cebu.

There is an expat group here in Cebu named the Cebu Expat Group and they have monthly get togethers, so as an example, on the 26th and 27th they will have a meet up at the Marco Polo Hotel and members get a decent price to eat out there.
Cost:  50% off buffet is P880 Net. One beverage (Soft drink/Wine/Juice) and coffee/house tea are included with the price, just as an example, so it gives expats and tourists a chance to go out to nice places and save a bunch of money on costs, so if you are in or on Cebu, feel free to let me know privately and I can tell you how to contact them, they already have lots of members, Monday the 26 is fully booked with over 100 going to dinner and so far Tuesday is still available.

Offline cebunole

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
Wow! Never realized so many guys attended those. Course w/me being 2 hours away, not easy to attend. Sounds nice tho'.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 08:30:22 AM »
Wow! Never realized so many guys attended those. Course w/me being 2 hours away, not easy to attend. Sounds nice tho'.
Couples come from all over Cebu Island to attend, some use it as an excuse to do some shopping, others come in to meet up with friends and shop etc, I think one couple may be coming in from Leyte and another from Tuburan and so on, it is often a big event.

Offline nerd4444

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 07:07:58 AM »
Im game, what do the folks here think about Cebu...lodging, cool places and central for most of us...as for the date, unless there is a emergency, we are good for anytime..Im retired and Maline can get away...I usually fly from Cebu anyway as Tacloban is a 30 min flight from here.  As far as I know from Tacloban, only Manila and Cebu are options...for flying.  Personally i think its a great idea, does anybody know when Jack is availible, haha Im sure he will read this so he can answer ....Diba your invited also, even if your a boot hehe...its up to us
Cebu is to big and congested for me. I like it as a place to visit for no more than 5 days. In my 12 years in the fils I prefer living in Dumagate and if you want a larger city Cagayan De Oro=probably the least cost metro city in the fils.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:31 AM »
Cebu is to big and congested for me. I like it as a place to visit for no more than 5 days. In my 12 years in the fils I prefer living in Dumagate and if you want a larger city Cagayan De Oro=probably the least cost metro city in the fils.
I met my wife in CDO and we have spent a lot of time there over our years of marriage, so I would second your vote, yet in past years the power went out too often when compared to Cebu, I guess it is all a matter of taste. Welcome to the forum...

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog