Author Topic: Good mini series, Crusade  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Good mini series
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
 "Enterprise" with Scott Bakula was an excellant TV movie series! I had every season and episodes on VCDs 10 yrs ago when I didn't have internet yet and gave them all to my wife's newphew just last year along with my old CD/VCD/DVD player! 
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
Re: Good mini series, Crusade
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Some years ago I found a science show that actually explained "warp theory" so I could understand it.  It seems that its possible.  I suppose some of us will live long enough to once again see science fiction become science fact.
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »
When I was in college, I got to sit with some pretty smart people and listen to some pretty "crazy" things.
A couple of profs were debating the use of the power in centrifugal force and the gravity wells that can be produced by them to power a vehicle in space.  They really got into it and were explaining to us students the theory behind it and how when used correctly, could have a vehicle going the speed of light inside of a few weeks of continued growth in speed. 
Basic theory they ere explaining came to one prof as he was studying earths orbit and how it's not a circle orbit but more oval/egg shape and how gravity pulled it earth faster as it was closer to the sun and slower as it moved away.  He was also studying centrifugal force.  So he realized, that if you could put steel balls on "spokes" of a wheel, then control them by rings on both sides of the spokes that were egg/oval shaped that you would create a gravity well that pulls the "wheeled" vehicle in the direction that the "longest" distance of the oval rings were pointed in.  Because the demand for power would be the strongest there because the spokes, spinning at the same pace would have to move a much longer distance away when the rings were the longest. 
The prof build one of these "vehicles" and hung it on a clothesline and was able to prove it worked.  He said it would need to be much more specific of a build to work on a larger vehicle to carry man, but it was really cool as they explain the continued growth of speed of gravity and how the ship would just continue to get faster as it sped up and the sound barrier could be broke in hours if such could be made to work in atmosphere. 
Really blew me away listening to these two talk. 
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline lelang1130

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »
This is great....There's a new series that I've been watching on my skycable...Season 1, on to episode 11 now of THE LAST SHIP.....waiting for the next season of 24 HOURS.....waiting for the next season of THE GRIMM...they said they will feature more of Philippine folklore about manananggal and tianak this time if any of you even knows what they are....lolz..
Good, better, best, never let it rest until Good is Better, and Better is Best!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »
lelang, could not read that in the color you have but thanks anyway
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline lelang1130

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
This is great....There's a new series that I've been watching on my skycable...Season 1, on to episode 11 now of THE LAST SHIP.....waiting for the next season of 24 HOURS.....waiting for the next season of THE GRIMM...they said they will feature more of Philippine folklore about manananggal and tianak this time if any of you even knows what they are....lolz..
Good, better, best, never let it rest until Good is Better, and Better is Best!

Offline graham

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 09:12:20 AM »
I would not have picked that little Sergeant as
a Filipino. Got a suprise when he was frightened
by the WakWak!

I also have The Last Ship via torrents. If you like
a courtroom drama d/l or look for "Murder in the First"
Another courtroom drama is a UK one called "Judge John Deed"

Lee, been raining heavily here for the last 5-6 days. Boring,
like you said. Water all around the house, but not invading
the property. Have to go out sometime today to do the
dreaded "Visa Ext." Fortunately only less than 2Klms away.
Did not believe that I would get cold at 28deg!

Graham

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
I don't often watch video streaming movies, but I found this one website that has a list of movies that are clear and with no commercials.

http://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonvimeo

"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!