Author Topic: Region of Luzon - a melting pot of various nationalities  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Region of Luzon - a melting pot of various nationalities
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzon

I say Luzon is a "melting pot" of most nationalities, because Manila is the central hub of commerce!
We live in Sta Rosa, Laguna NW part of Central Luzon.
(see color chart at the link above, right side of the page)
Besides the City of Davao and Cebu, IMHO without having to search for any stats, Manila probably has the most various foreign nationals and Filipinos from every regions of the Philippines, because of the job opportunities and the western style of living out in the suburbs, besides in and or around the nearby areas of Manila where condos abound!
Foreigners and other foreign retirees who work part or full time jobs are spread out to various suburbs usually off the two main expressways and commute to Manila to their jobs.
Those foreign retirees who live in our area are pretty much friendly and out going!
In our so called upper middle class subdivision (with a few really rich "well to do" Filipino families) there are approximately 700 homes and we have a mix of 80%, 20% retired Filipino senior citizens, 60% youngish to middle age working Filipinos here or abroad and 20% retired foreign senior citizens, of which just a few still work here or abroad.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:08:47 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
Re: Region of Luzon - a melting pot of various nationalities
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
What is a retired foreign senior citizen Art?  I know you and I are retired foreign seniors.  I think eventually, I will go for the citizenship deal and be a dual.  When I get some more time in.  I did not know there were that many around though if you have 20% in your subdivision.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »
That's correct Bud, you and I are both retired foreign senior citizens, I'm over 60, but still a tourist and you're a permanent resident, close to being 60!
Let's just say there are more likely to be only 10% retired foreign senior citizens living in our subdivision!   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:43:08 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
That's correct Bud, you and I are both retired foreign senior citizens, I'm still a tourist though and you're a permanent resident! Let's just say there are more likely to be only 10% retired foreign senior citizens living in our subdivision!
Ok Art.  By the way, as a resident, let me welcome you to the Philippines and hope you enjoy your permanent stay. :)
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:00:53 AM »
lol

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 12:06:57 AM »
That's correct Bud, you and I are both retired foreign senior citizens, I'm still a tourist though and you're a permanent resident! Let's just say there are more likely to be only 10% retired foreign senior citizens living in our subdivision!
Ok Art.  By the way, as a resident, let me welcome you to the Philippines and hope you enjoy your permanent stay. :)

As a resident you should say Mabuhay!  haha

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog