Author Topic: spell check  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Frosty

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
spell check
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:16:14 PM »
What happened to the spell check?
It was down by the Post and Preview, but now it's gone.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
Re: spell check
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »
IDK myself I need it.because I have been out of school a long time..... :).....even being here for such a long time.I cant type or speak good English anymore...LOL.its true

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 01:29:06 AM »
IDK myself I need it.because I have been out of school a long time..... :).....even being here for such a long time.I cant type or speak good English anymore...LOL.its true

But it's easier...what used to be a 8 word sentence is now done in 3....it's actually helped you living there!  LOL

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 12:49:40 AM »
 :)......I use the 3 letter words a lot.but sounds more like opo...ooo..lol One of the bad things is with me is.I now started using phases like...and sounds..like when I want my wife to look or stop..I go pssst real lould.some times scares people.and for some reason I use my lips to point with...will someone tell me wat I have turned into..OMG...wat happen to my Vocabulary.and my spelling really right now IC many underlined words.and I do nothing about them...yes that  is Bad..but maybe im just old and Lazy.or maybe I have to much pain to care..lol.Listening to ....Angeline Quinto ..and falling alsleep take care all....mr wildbill said soo....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:00:57 AM by wildbill »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
This is an old topic but a person does not need spellchecker if they access a forum etc via Google Chrome or Firefox, both browsers provide spellcheck.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 12:04:13 AM »
If using Firefox you may need to install a dictionary add-on first. My browser did not include the dictionary add-on, even though I've been using and updating Firefox for over 10 years. Below is a link I found that may help

https://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Spell-Checker-Into-Firefox
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 12:11:49 AM »
I just installed the dictionary add-on for Firefox. Let's check to see if spellchecker works.

The qweqe broon foks jimpdd over the loozy dugs berq

Hmmmm... seems I get a squiggly line under the misspelled words, but no tool to offer corrected spelling. Anyone?
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 04:22:11 AM »
I just installed the dictionary add-on for Firefox. Let's check to see if spellchecker works.

The qweqe broon foks jimpdd over the loozy dugs berq

Hmmmm... seems I get a squiggly line under the misspelled words, but no tool to offer corrected spelling. Anyone?
right click on the word and it should give you choices, the click on the correct one.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »
Okay, I'll ty that when I'm on my laptop. In the meantime, does anyone know how to "right click" using your smart phone? Inquiring minds wish to know
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Sam218

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:16:13 AM »
Grammarly is also a good spell check and grammar tool. Isn't always accurate with the grammar but usually a great help. The tool is for free. You could just add it as an extension to chrome so whenever you type something, it will read it and suggest the right words to use.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
Tysting, tusting, twysting  Nope, it didn't work. I did the right-click thing, selected Spell Check, and got nothing. Guess we'll have to figure out something else.  :(
Louisville, KY USA

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog