Author Topic: land survey  (Read 18921 times)

Offline billmc

land survey
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
Hello all, looking for a little insight from members that are on the ground in the P.I.  We have some land in Tarlac, the title is clear but since it's been about ten years since we bought it , I would like a surveyor to survey and mark the property. I'm getting wildly different prices, does anyone have an idea what this costs. A general range would be very helpful.

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: land survey
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Hello all, looking for a little insight from members that are on the ground in the P.I.  We have some land in Tarlac, the title is clear but since it's been about ten years since we bought it , I would like a surveyor to survey and mark the property. I'm getting wildly different prices, does anyone have an idea what this costs. A general range would be very helpful.

Would you care to give us some idea how wildly different the prices are that you are getting?

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
Billmc, I can only tell you what we paid, 20k php on our 1000sq mtr. lot, this included the surveyor doing most of the research into the lot and its history....I think we got a deal as my brother in law works with the surveyor.

We have another piece of land further in the province that had never been properly surveyed after the death of my wifes mother, in order to determine equal shares (which had never been done) I had that surveyed also, again 20k

I cant tell you that this is representative of what you will find as not only does my brother in law work for the surveyor but the guy has become a friend of mine...he also works for the Government as a chief surveyor now posted in Samar.  He does private surveying part time...which I think is great as he knows how to make it legal ..perhaps you can approach the guy that does the same in your area...as he will for sure be the one to ensure your stuff goes as expected..
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »
Last survey we had was on purchase of 5 Hectares of Land 8,500 included installation of markers live in Roxas City Capiz

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »
P6,000 was our "friend-of-a-friend" cost to survey our 768sqm lot here in Davao.

JD

Offline fred

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
Our last survey was 5k per lot..

Offline Frosty

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:06:48 AM »
Why would you need to resurvey your land?
If the existing survey markers are in place and you have a clear title to the land.

You might check the top of the existing survey markers, the original surveyor should have put his name on the marker.
If you go back to the original surveyor it may be away of reduceing  the price if they have the original paper work from the first survey.

Offline billmc

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:40:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone for their reply's. The prices I got ranged from 5k to 15k. The 15K included title research, which I'm not interested in as this was done when we purchased the lot. I was only interested in having some markers put in, but we have decided just to wait until our next trip to decide on our next moves.

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »
Frosty, the reason you need to re-survey your lot even though the markers are in is that your smiling friendly neighbours will usually move the markers to make there lots larger this is SOP here

Offline hitekcountry

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Frosty, the reason you need to re-survey your lot even though the markers are in is that your smiling friendly neighbours will usually move the markers to make there lots larger this is SOP here

That type thing happens everywhere and more often then you think.

The last property I bought the seller moved out several weeks before escrow closed so the property was vacant for those several weeks. When I moved in I noticed the neighbor on the north side working on the fence. I went over and talked to him mainly to introduce myself not thinking much about the fence. He had some story of needing to make the fence stronger.

Several months after moving in I was thinking about building a garage. I drew up the location of the garage on some plans and then went out and put stakes in the ground to visualize where the garage would sit. Nothing matched the drawings. Finally I come to realize the fence was in the wrong place.

I had the property surveyed and as it turned out the neighbor had moved the fence 10ft onto my property during that time that no one was there. Itís a long story I wonít get into but he eventually move it back. We never became friends.
That was here in California.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »
We moved into our house in the subdivision in Jan 2011.  I asked the developer to resurvey the property so we could lay hollow blocks on the side boundaries, this was done in Mar 2011.  Both side lots have never been sold until late 2014, at this time the developer resurveyed again, and I lost a little on one side and gained a little on the other side.  a month later the developer came back when my neighbors were ready to move in and stated that I eight inches to much of my neighbors property.  We had moved the hollow block previously to the line they had surveyed.  The developer still insisted that the survey was wrong even though it was their surveyor.  Not wanting to cause a big issue out of it, I moved our blocks four inches.  The developer asked why i moved them only four inches instead of eight.  I advised the developer to please look up land rulings for the Philippines, which say that a variance of four or less inches is not challengeable in the courts.
This supposedly is due to the lack of accuracy of surveying in the Philippines.  My neighbor and I have agreed to put up a wall that will straddle the boundary line.
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »
Thanks to everyone for their reply's. The prices I got ranged from 5k to 15k. The 15K included title research, which I'm not interested in as this was done when we purchased the lot. I was only interested in having some markers put in, but we have decided just to wait until our next trip to decide on our next moves.

I think title search was one of the reasons ours was so high compared to some here...all the land I had surveyed had multiple claimants , and to make it legal I had to get all of them to sign...My surveyor did that for us including registering all the paperwork etc.  Also to be honest, his position with the government was a big help when discussing the land with the former owners...I have found, whether its good or not, most Filipinos will try anything to pull something over on Foreigners or for that matter other Filipinos.  If you have somebody in an "official" position running interference for you it helps immensely, both in dealing with the previous land owners and the govt. officials. 
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog