Author Topic: New Member  (Read 5061 times)

Offline TonyandJelma

« on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:25 AM »
Found this site by accident. Looking forward to learning all I can. Been married for 2 years now to my amazing Filipina from Mindanao. Only visited the Philippines twice so far. Looking at retiring in the Roxas area in Palawan a few years from now.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:06:22 AM »
Welcome to the group, my wife is from Bukidnon Mindanao, Cagayan de Oro and Naga Cebu, hope you enjoy the friendly group we have here.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »
Greetings T&J and welcome aboard. I'm in Mindanao also. There are experts here who can solve all your problems with excellent advice. I only have two years under the belt so I'm only a tourist!  :D

It's more fun in the Philippines.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »
Hi there. Greetings from Bacolod City. Glad you are here and welcome. Make yourself at home and enjoy what we have to offer. As for the moderated posts, after a few posts, you will be moved up to Full Member status and will be free to post directly. Again welcome and enjoy.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:43:57 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome. My wife is from Butuan City area in Mindanao. Do we have anyone here who retired from the military and went straight to the Philippines? I am wondering about the process of household goods shipment, travel, etc...

Offline D. Williams

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 01:32:25 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome. My wife is from Butuan City area in Mindanao. Do we have anyone here who retired from the military and went straight to the Philippines? I am wondering about the process of household goods shipment, travel, etc...

Welcome.............
I started a new topic that can be found at the link below, so members can discuss your question and so that discussion can more easily be found for others seeking answers.
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=50218.msg69044;topicseen#new

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »
Found this site by accident. Looking forward to learning all I can. Been married for 2 years now to my amazing Filipina from Mindanao. Only visited the Philippines twice so far. Looking at retiring in the Roxas area in Palawan a few years from now.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy this site and are able to learn all you need from it.  Look forward to seeing your future posts.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum..

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Thank you WildBill!

Offline coleman2347

• ole jarhead, Tacloban City, Leyte
  • Sr Member
  • Retired Marine, Retired DOD
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 05:20:34 AM »
Welcome folks, yes some retired Military here, I am retired USMC, hope the forum can be of some help...lots of info here
The only thing worse than wanting to do it is not doing it

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 01:01:44 AM »
Thanks Coleman. I was in the Marines for 13.5 years. Now I am in the Army for 19 more months before I retire finally.

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 03:13:37 AM »
Thanks Coleman. I was in the Marines for 13.5 years. Now I am in the Army for 19 more months before I retire finally.
My son is presently SgtMaj in First Group, Ft Lewis

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
Nice. My best friend's twin brother was with them for a bit. How long before he retires? He planning on following dad's footsteps there?

Offline coleman2347

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 07:49:43 AM »
Nice. My best friend's twin brother was with them for a bit. How long before he retires? He planning on following dad's footsteps there?
No plans on retiring as far as I know, he was here (Cotobato) during Yolanda and came to Tacloban to do a evaluation of the damage....we got to see each other for a few days and he got us some supplies we needed...last I heard he was taking some guys back to Afgan.  He has a nice house in Olympia and four kids, I cant see him moving here..

Offline TonyandJelma

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:06 AM »
I really hope I enjoy living in the Philippines as much as I anticipate. We are finalizing our land purchase in Palawan when I come to visit there next month.