Author Topic: Filipina married to old fat white guy  (Read 4073 times)

Offline dleske

• Dignity and self respect cannot be purchased.
Filipina married to old fat white guy
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »
Hey you guys, thank you Steve for letting us post here and get acquainted with folks of similar interests.  :D

This is our story; Emily and family was brought to the US by her Dad when she was 10/yo. We met in church in Vallejo California when we were both 16 years old and dated for two years. Got married finally when we were 18 after her uncle Tino spoke up for us with her Dad, man he was a tough old guy...got pissed at her for dating me and chased her down the street with a hatchet. Dang. Anyway, he softened up and we became close later. We have been married 46 years now with 8 grand kids and one great grandson. Time has passed so fast.

We are going Balikbayan again in July, to Manila, Bulacan, Boracay, Laguna and Cebu. Wonder if we need shots...humm, will ask our Doctor. I hope we will be good neighbors here in your forum.  :)

I hope to scuba dive and we have hired two really nice female Tour Guides to stick with us the whole time to make things easier. I am also a black belt in Filipino Martial Arts.

God bless you all.
Don & Emily Leske
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:33:00 PM by Diba »

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Filipina married to old fat white guy
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »
Nice photo Dleske, you'll lose weight if you stay here for a long time but you don't look all that fat and you don't look old, are you gonna stay here or just an extended long trip, either way I feel you'll both have fun. 
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:43:53 PM »
Yeah Dleske, nice photo of the two of you! Are you both retiring here or just taking a vacation?
We've been retired here since 1998 and enjoying our retirement lifestyle.
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
Welcome to the group Don and Emily.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:54:30 AM »
I am also a black belt in Filipino Martial Arts.

In Escrima?  Jeff Wincott in the movie Mission of Justice, coolest stick fight ever!

Welcome to the forum!

Offline markmetz57

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »
welcome!  dont think u need any shots  - dengue is the main danger there and i dont think there are any immunizations for that.   I have hepatitis immunizations from my career- kind of nice not to have to worry of buying from any old carenderia  ;)

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
I have done a few circuits of the world now Dleske and never got or needed any shots. Basically just bring bethadine antiseptic and some swabs just to avoid infections from cuts. You will be more prone to infection in the tropics.
Also just avoid stagnant water as that is where the nasty mosquitoes breed.
As for the 'old' and 'fat' - yer just an amateur in that area.

Offline cvgtpc1

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
I make sure my tetanus shot is up to date.  That's it.

Offline wildbill

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »
cvtg is right on you should  get the tetanus shot. I steped on a rusty nail and it got infected very bad. we went to the local Government hospital and got a shot after that it all cleared right up.before that even a small cut became infected here. I thought it was just the climate here messing with me.boy was I wrong.

Offline dleske

• Dignity and self respect cannot be purchased.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 08:28:50 AM »
Yeah Dleske, nice photo of the two of you! Are you both retiring here or just taking a vacation?
We've been retired here since 1998 and enjoying our retirement lifestyle.

Hi there, guess the moderator Steve thought I would talk about my business on this forum even though I have not mentioned it. So right off the bat, his warning has kept me away from this form for a year. During this time we have fed hungry Filipino school kids in Laguna and the poor in Manila. I have Youtube videos of this, but not sure if it is okay to put those links here in Steve's forum. Hummm...

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
Hi there, guess the moderator Steve thought I would talk about my business on this forum even though I have not mentioned it. So right off the bat, his warning has kept me away from this form for a year. During this time we have fed hungry Filipino school kids in Laguna and the poor in Manila. I have Youtube videos of this, but not sure if it is okay to put those links here in Steve's forum. Hummm...

Hi Don, welcome back.
I will not attempt to speak for Steve but I do know that during the time you joined June 2015 we were getting hit with a lot of spammers and also many members who only joined the forum to try to advertise their businesses, thus IMO they too were spammers. Running a forum is not an easy thing to do in today's world with all the spammers out there, one day about a year ago when I was an administrator of this forum, I woke up to just under 100 spammers who had joined while I slept and thus each one had to be checked to make sure there was no real members within them, that took me a few hours to do, Steve has been faced with the same problem at times since he is on Philippine time and I am on Florida time 8 months a year. Thus if it was not your intent to post about your business, then by staying away for a year IMO you only hurt yourself and the other members who would have enjoyed and learned from your posts. Helping each other and learning is what forums are about, this forum has strict rules for new members so that other members do not have to read all the garbage spam posts. Before Steve and I made changes to this forum, some spammers were getting to post their spam and then members were reporting the spam and then it was getting dealt with after the fact, no longer, spammers are banned right off, most times without the rest of the members ever having to read any of the self serving garbage they post.

So as for posting videos, if they do not advertise your business in anyway then they would be good for everyone to see, if you are not sure if something is within the rules or not, then please read them at the link below.
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?topic=48245.0

Hope to see more posts from you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:26:59 PM by Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Online bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:57:17 PM »

Welcome back and as Lee previously stated I can not speak for Steve either, but since becoming an Admin a few months ago it is true that we disapprove membership to many potential scammers/spammers/etc., on a daily basis.  Like Steve I am on Filipino time since I live full time in General Trias, Cavite.  Let me clarify one thing this is not Steve's or any other Admin's or any Moderator's forum, it is a forum made up of the members.  The owner is actually Don Herrington which can be found in the rules of the forum, maybe you overlooked that when you read the rules, if you read the rules.  The rules actually give the guidelines that we try to enforce for the benefit of all members.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 12:24:22 AM »
Ah, Now I know why my ears are ringing. Hi Don. I'm very sorry you felt like I picked on you. That was never my intention. I was only trying to follow the rules the forum owner Don Herrington had set. If I had failed to do so, I would have been escalated and possibly dismissed as a Mod back then or Admin now. I wish you had messaged me back then and we could have talked about it. I'm very pleased you are back on and I hope you enjoy the forum. Take Care.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP LEE ***

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 04:05:46 PM »

Hi Don and Emily, Steve and Bengie here.
We are fairly new to this site and not privy to the moderators correspondence with you but I can say that this site appears (to us) to be an open forum with like minded affiliations with the Philippines and the beautiful people that make this country what it is.
We have been shot down, praised, questioned but never attacked or humiliated for our input within this site, some times the hackles go up but we need to respect and tolerate individual opinions and visa versa be they right or wrong from our views, it is an open forum and some times one needs to have a thick skin.
Personally we would like to know more about what you are doing in the Philippines to help the poor and disadvantaged and we are sure all the other members feel the same.

Cheers, Steve.

Personally

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog