Author Topic: Desktop systems...I need to buy one in Manila...  (Read 3669 times)

Offline brett4gam

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • A happy retired Aussie living a relaxing lifestyle
Re: Desktop systems...I need to buy one in Manila...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Motherboard brand could be the key for this hot and humid weather with power outages and surges, I did a little research and ASUS was suited best for this environment and before I left the states I was eyeing the cool ASUS destop computers... thinking back I wished that I had bought the ASUS desk top instead of the HP Laptop, I now have a $900 19" Laptop stuck on the shelf with all my other electronic gadgets and appliances that nobody can fix here.

Why can't they fix the HP here? I have found it is a matter of finding a reliable technician, not necessarily one that is inside a mall, one that works for himself, that is what we use in our cafe.

Good luck.

Cheers
Brett.
I have never seen the world brighter and less prosperous.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:12 PM »
They don't have the parts and these parts are only located somewhere in Manila with HP, OMG have you ever traveled to Manila and next try to find a particular spot, they seem careless also with my laptop, rough on it, so I need a new case, new electrical harness and possibly another DVD player but it could be more than that, so to get the Laptop repaired could be as much as 5,000 peso's or more.  I suppose they could take the laptop and have it repaired in Manila but I have zero trust in these guys, none what so ever so my laptops sits.

When looking repairing a 2008 laptop vs a new desktop I prefer to get a desk top, so if you don't know enough about computer repair the costs can be very high for laptops.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline starrt

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 12:24:54 AM »
Hi All,

In the end I ordered a system from VillMan and am now working on a new desktop system.

For the techies, it is an Acer Aspire Tc-705, with an i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB hard drive. I have two monitors attached to it.
It came with Win 10 Home, and I upgraded to Pro before doing anything else.

Thanks again for all of your input and ideas.

Thomas

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 04:00:25 AM »
Happy computing Thomas!  ;)
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog