Author Topic: Looking for Tagaytay rental.  (Read 2587 times)

Offline woodenships11

• Act 3 Begins:
Looking for Tagaytay rental.
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:33 PM »
Hello and my thanks in advance. Will be settling in Tagaytay in October 2016 and I'm trying to get an idea of what I should budget for a 2-Bdrm flat with Wi-Fi and satellite TV and pool. Furnished or unfurnished?? Open?  I would appreciate any info. Thanks again.
I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'm eager to say hello to some fine new "peeps."

Hi and hope to see you around campus!!! :)

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
Re: Looking for Tagaytay rental.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:27:24 AM »
woodenships11,
Welcome to the forum. As said to most coming to the Philippines to visit or retire, "boots on the ground" is the best way in looking for rentals, but here's a Google search link of the Tagaytay area where to start your search: http://tinyurl.com/hnyzp5s
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 10:02:44 AM »
Hello and my thanks in advance. Will be settling in Tagaytay in October 2016 and I'm trying to get an idea of what I should budget for a 2-Bdrm flat with Wi-Fi and satellite TV and pool. Furnished or unfurnished?? Open?  I would appreciate any info. Thanks again.
Hey woodenships,
I have been living in Tagaytay for 2 and a half years now and have gone to see just about every gated community in town.  So, that would be my first question, do you want to live in a gated or un-gated community?  Prices are much different.

Offline woodenships11

• Act 3 Begins:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 11:06:11 AM »
I guess I don't know??  I will be married to a native woman who is from La Union. Is security a concern in the Tagaytay area?? Again one person was nice and said somewhere between 7500 & 12,000 + water & 3K PLTD which I have no idea is?? LOL. I guess now the question is would you advise gated if I can afford it??  Thank you for your help.
I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'm eager to say hello to some fine new "peeps."

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
I do not live in Tagaytay but I do live a short drive from there.  You mentioned you were looking for a Flat to me that would be a Condo here.  They are normally small in total area for what you are paying for rent.  I would look at renting in a gated community for a 2-3 bdrm house, which might be cheaper for the size plus most subdivisions will have a pool.  As suggested boots on the ground is the best way to find anything. FYI here is a link for PLDT:

http://pldthome.com/
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline woodenships11

• Act 3 Begins:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
Thank you. I think boots on the ground is good advice. I don't think I can afford 2-3 BDRM. home on $1100 a month (U.S.) in a gated community. I guess i was just not aware that "security" is "critical" as it seems to be implied. We will just have to beat the streets and see what's happening. In retrospect always the best was. Thanks for taking the time. Looks like USDT is a builder? Cool.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »
We have lived in a gated community here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna since 2000, just 30 minutes away from Tagaytay where jjcabgou lives.
We live a quiet and simple life and we plan to live here indefinite.
To give you an idea what our cost of living is, here's our own monthly and annual 1x expenses. I know it's on the high side, but we live in a nice sort of upscale suburban area in a gated community.
It's possible though to live on $1,100 a month, but not just in our area. So, "boots on the ground" will help you in finding what you are looking for within your means. Good luck and best wishes in finding what you are looking for. 
Here's a Google search link where we live: http://tinyurl.com/hytavfe

2016 Monthly Living Expenses  in Pesos  (Total converted in USD)                 

40,000 Groceries (includes wkly lunches out, home cleaning stuff, toiletries and groceries)
 25,000 Average rental for 3bdrm/2ba house (gated community)
 14,000 Mercury Drugs for our prescription drugs (75% reimbursed by TRICARE)
   8,000 Meralco electric bill (our bedroom 1 HP A/C on 24/7 and use washer/dryer)
   4,200 Live out maid
   2,100 PLDT - phone with internet 3.5 Mbps
   2,000 Gas - for 2 vehicles
   1,800 Smart Postpaid
   1,700 Globe Postpaid
      475 CATV
      300 Water bill
P99,575 Total monthly Expenses = $2,141.00 (P46.50 exchange rate)

One Time Annual Payments
  14,000  HOA Dues (our home is paid for)
  10,000  Property Tax
    6,500  2 Used Vehicle Registrations
    2,400  Supplemental local PhilHealth Medical Ins
  32,900  Total 1x Annual Expenses = $708.00 (P46.50 exchange rate)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:22:46 PM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »
Thank you. I think boots on the ground is good advice. I don't think I can afford 2-3 BDRM. home on $1100 a month (U.S.) in a gated community. I guess i was just not aware that "security" is "critical" as it seems to be implied. We will just have to beat the streets and see what's happening. In retrospect always the best was. Thanks for taking the time. Looks like USDT is a builder? Cool.

It is PLDT and they are a Phone/internet provider.  You can get idea of the cost on the link I provided earlier.  Our subdivision is about a half hour drive from Tagaytay.  Rentals for 2 bdrm 1 bath start at 4500-5000 php per month.  The subdivision includes a pool, basketball court, kids playgrounds and clubhouse. Gated community with 24 hr security.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline woodenships11

• Act 3 Begins:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 11:25:54 PM »
Thank you everyone for taking the time with such helpful information. This is a somewhat daunting move in my life. Kind of wide eyed. The fact is a rough 2006-07 and it's seeds and stems and I've yet to recover. Timing was bad because I was 60-when it happened. Luckily I have good health and swim and do Thai Chi and it has helped. If I stay in the states I will live the life of a shut in. Month to month. I'm gambling it will be much better there (certainly not perfect) and I have a wonderful new woman in my life so Act 3 will be exciting discovering a new culture and new places. Thanks again and I hope to meet new friends, hopefully you as well. Thanks again.  8)

Offline jjcabgou

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 09:23:47 AM »
Thank you everyone for taking the time with such helpful information. This is a somewhat daunting move in my life. Kind of wide eyed. The fact is a rough 2006-07 and it's seeds and stems and I've yet to recover. Timing was bad because I was 60-when it happened. Luckily I have good health and swim and do Thai Chi and it has helped. If I stay in the states I will live the life of a shut in. Month to month. I'm gambling it will be much better there (certainly not perfect) and I have a wonderful new woman in my life so Act 3 will be exciting discovering a new culture and new places. Thanks again and I hope to meet new friends, hopefully you as well. Thanks again.  8)
Hey Wooden, I do not think Security is a big concern in Tagaytay at all, I go all over Tagaytay and have never had any problems at all.  Gated communities are going to cost minimum 20k pesos a month with most going for 25 and above.  The range outside of gated communities start as low as ~5k a month.  I would be more than happy to assist you when you arrive.  I know the area quite well and know a couple Realtors as well.  Cheers

Offline woodenships11

• Act 3 Begins:
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
jjcabgou. Thank you for your reply. I. also. never saw any alarming buzz about safety in Tagaytay. I thank you for reaffirming. I will certainly look you up and would love to talk further about your gracious offer. Thanks again and all the best.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog