Author Topic: 20 ft shipping container Australia to Manila  (Read 8559 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: 20 ft shipping container Australia to Manila
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »
What currency and country are you referring to?
Since Gray Wolf lives in the USA I would think he is referring to there and the US$.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 03:14:39 AM »
What currency and country are you referring to?

Sorry... From the US to the Philippines. US dollars
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 06:27:53 AM »
Since Gray Wolf lives in the USA I would think he is referring to there and the US$.

Chuck
And because you know he lives in the USA, that makes it ok does it?

On a thread discussing transferring household goods from Australia to the Philippines?

When I was asked back, I said I am not interested because the forums are too focused on the USA. Which holds no interest for me.

I was assured that things had changed. Well apparently not.

So thankyou all. This is my last post on  these forums.

Please don't ask me back again.
I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 08:25:34 AM »

On a thread discussing transferring household goods from Australia to the Philippines?

When I was asked back, I said I am not interested because the forums are too focused on the USA. Which holds no interest for me.

Sorry to see you go Jim, mistakes happen.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:26:14 AM by Mr. Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »

Well, excuse the hell out of me, "Big Jim"! FOREX is an international shipper. Sorry that I don't have the balikbayan box shipping rates worldwide memorized just for you. And don't worry about me inviting you back! >:(

You know what? Y'all can just count me out, too. I came back simply to get reacquainted with the group and get some up to date info for my own move. But thanks to "Big Jim", and a few other issues with the forum, it just ain't worth it for me. Good luck, folks. Maybe some of you will see me in the mall or on a beach some day. Adios muchachos! Over and out!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:58:59 AM by Gray Wolf »
Louisville, KY USA

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
Okay lets get back on topic, hope everyone cools down and come back whenever they are ready to. For Gods sake guys this is a forum, not something to get upset about, there are much more important things in life for anyone to let a forum upset them this much.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 10:33:50 AM »
This reply is from me as a member not as a moderator.  This forum is for ALL of the members to exchange ideas/lessons learned/ask questions/etc.  Do we get off topic at times of course, we are human and fallible.  In this instance GreyWolf provided the information that he knew from his experience, which I have no problem with personally.  I have never been to Australia and have no idea what the shipping charges are from there, but if I lived there I am sure I could google it if I needed the information.  As to the forum being to USA focused, that might be because more USA members post on the forum.  It does not stop me from reading any and all the post no matter where the member is located. I will post on the topics that interest me and not ones that do not, as any member can.  The more post the better from my view of the forum.  I think many members including myself have gained valuable information/insight over the years from the different posts/topics.  I would never ask anyone to stay a member of the forum if they are uncomfortable with the way it functions.  We are all adults and can make our own decisions, I hope.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
Apparently, from what has been said, Australia has a lot higher shipping rates than the US.  Must be little competition for shipping and sounds like someone is making a killing off their people.

Maybe, the Australian (I think) OP threw a little confusion in the the thread on his original post.  Talking about shipping from Australia and listing the quotes in USD.

I will give D30 a call and see if he will look in to all of it.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44:34 PM »

With the power of the Internet once an expat gives me valuable information I can research the rest.  We help each other out and should stick together as a team.
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

Offline Jimmy

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »
No Comment... :o

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »
Hi Bud, the US dollar quote for shipping came from the company in Manila, I copied and pasted. The AU dollar prices are from Australia.
I have pretty much put the push on moving on the back burners for now, will get there eventually.
Thanks to all for the input so far from every one.
Cheer, Steve

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 02:10:12 AM »
Hi Bud, the US dollar quote for shipping came from the company in Manila, I copied and pasted. The AU dollar prices are from Australia.
I have pretty much put the push on moving on the back burners for now, will get there eventually.
Thanks to all for the input so far from every one.
Cheer, Steve

Well, just for comparison as to why I think the shipping is too high no matter what country you are in, I sent 8 large balikbayan boxes at 65 USD each which appears at the current time to be 88.42 AUD.  So yeah, I think about 200 AUD, as another poster was saying he paid, is way too high.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 02:35:15 AM »
I have decided to freight Balikbayan boxes from Ireland because I have been offered a price of about 75$US. The only constraint is that it must be capable of being carried by two men! I have decided to send 12,000 childrens books that way as it is collected from any point and delivered to the door in the Philippines.
As for the handbag fight with members over the $ sign - if you are that fickle then maybe leaving is the best option. If you are incapable of differentiating between currency differences then you probably don't have much to contribute. We are ALL 'foreigners' in the Philippines no matter what nationality or colour. Nationality is secondary to the fact that we are not natives. This is the same in every country so we should learn to accept it.

(Remove political comment, let's please leave politics for the politics section)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:51:17 AM by Mr. Lee »

Offline blindman

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
Well, excuse the hell out of me, "Big Jim"! FOREX is an international shipper. Sorry that I don't have the balikbayan box shipping rates worldwide memorized just for you. And don't worry about me inviting you back! >:(

You know what? Y'all can just count me out, too. I came back simply to get reacquainted with the group and get some up to date info for my own move. But thanks to "Big Jim", and a few other issues with the forum, it just ain't worth it for me. Good luck, folks. Maybe some of you will see me in the mall or on a beach some day. Adios muchachos! Over and out!
I have to comment on this exchange.  Grey Wolf has added valuable insight to this forum and  hope he reconsiders dropping out.  Forget Big Jim.
Mike........

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 12:36:47 PM »
Ok. This has gone on long enough. We are all part of his forum. Jack especially. Without you, we wouldn't have had a forum in the 1st place. Jim, why are you fighting over a currency? Remember the rule attack the post not the poster? You've been here long enough to know better. Now all of you just take a deep breath, count to 10 then knock it off. Then let's all get back to running a good forum. Thank you all.......

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog