Author Topic: Please help find my missing Lola  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Daebak

Please help find my missing Lola
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:39:36 AM »
I know this is most likely probably the wrong place to post these types of things, but my grandma has been missing now for over a month in the Philippines. Her name is Paz Merced, age 82 years old, and has Alzhemier's; she was last seen in Tayuman Tondo in Missionaries of Charity. She may have returned to her former home at the address 39 Bethlehem St. Sitio Narareth Barangay San Isidro, Paranaque City.

Me and my mother have plans of going to the Philippines later on this year and my mom was so excited to see her aunt who she hasn't seen in over 20 years. Basically ever since my mom came to the US way back in '92 she hasn't been able to return back to her country since. This would be my first time ever going to the Philippines and I was excited as well to finally meet my grandma who my mom talks so fondly about. Unfortunately now she's missing and I have absolutely no idea how to find her except by posting about her on social media and forums. The saddest and most aggravating part about this whole situation is that my family who live in the Philippines are doing absolutely nothing about it.

I just hope posting about her here will do something. Thank you for even taking the time to read my post.

(approved by Admin)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:47:28 AM by Mr. Lee »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Please help find my missing Lola
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »
I have approved this post but have rejected the others copies of same, we want to help you find your grandmother but we will not allow multiple copies of the same post.
I hope it helps to find her by us allowing your post, please notify us when she is found.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
Daebak,
Put ads in the local newspapers, contact the local police, hire a private investigator and offer a substantial reward!
Money talks in the Philippines!
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Daebak

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
I have approved this post but have rejected the others copies of same, we want to help you find your grandmother but we will not allow multiple copies of the same post.
I hope it helps to find her by us allowing your post, please notify us when she is found.

Alright thanks I really appreciate it.

Offline M.C.A.

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 12:33:05 PM »
Daebak, sorry to hear this, I'll keep my eyes on the news, but we live near Los Banos Laguna so a long distance from Paranaque. 
My views would be from someone who lives out in the province close to in-laws on a pension.  Norwegian and French heritage.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog