Author Topic: Special Power of Attorney  (Read 1281 times)

Offline sussexrob

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 39
Special Power of Attorney
« on: April 20, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »
 Does anyone here have any knowledge of these powers of attorney.  When my wife and I purchased our first house in Gensan,  we had to make my sister in law a special power of attorney, due to the fact we had to return to the UK.  She dealt with all aspects of the title transfer as we could not be there.   
Having just attempted to buy another plot of land in Davao, which we were hoping to build our dream house on, prior to moving permanently there.   On arrival at the R of Deeds, they have told her that the SPA has expired??     I never realised that there was a time limit, anybody out there advise me of the quickest way to deal with it??

Thanks in advance


Offline FastWalk

  • Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 340
Re: Special Power of Attorney
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:34:53 AM »
One idea is to contact the attorney that drafted the document.  They might know how to help.

My experience so far with the Attorney we selected from long time ago is net positive.  Most problems get solved cheaper/quicker with Attorney then without.  Seems there is always something with documents,  and usually only if I am not present. 
Old men do not grow wise. They grow careful.
Keep on rocking in the free world

Offline attymariandupalag

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Special Power of Attorney
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
The fastest way is for you to go to the nearest consulate office and execute a new special power of attorney to your sister in law.


bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog