Author Topic: Finding a home or buyer agent  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Gold63079

Finding a home or buyer agent
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:45:25 PM »
Hello.  We are needing to purchase a home in the manila/cavite area for my inlaws.  Hoping to help someone find us one that fits our budget and criteria and help guide us through the process to make sure we are not taken advatage of.

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
Re: Finding a home or buyer agent
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »
Hello.  We are needing to purchase a home in the manila/cavite area for my inlaws.  Hoping to help someone find us one that fits our budget and criteria and help guide us through the process to make sure we are not taken advatage of.

Welcome to the forum.

Buying a home in the Philippines can be a mine field, possibly find a qualified attorney in the area you wish to buy.

As for Cavite, there seems to be a lot of areas within it, so look at this link and then click on the areas you wish to be in, this is just one site which is usually up to date, there are many more online real estate sites you can try. https://www.olx.ph/ph-cav/q-House-for-sale/
http://www.lamudi.com.ph/
http://www.myproperty.ph/
http://www.realestate.ph/
https://www.philippinesproperties.com/
http://tinyurl.com/jth2sqa
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:00 AM »
Welcome Gold.  Lee pretty much rounded it up.  Beware the "real estate agents" and go with a lawyer if possible.

Welcome to the forum.  Please introduce yourself and tell us about you.  Thank you.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:01:40 AM »
Welcome Gold,
It would be difficult to make any suggestions when we do not know anything about you and or the dynamics of your extended Filipino family.
Anyway, "boots on the ground" is the only way of house hunting and or word of mouth from other family members and or close relatives.
It took us about 2 yrs before we found our lot in an area to have our small simple home built on in a nice, clean, safe and quiet gated subdivision in the suburbs of Sta Rosa, Laguna way back in the year of 2000. We've lived in our home for 16 yrs now and we are still happy and content where we live, because our area has developed quite nicely where everything is nearby for our convenience.
We do not have an extended family to contend with, it's just my wife and I living in our home which is paid for.
We decided that it was best for us to live far away from family and close relatives. Best decision we ever made, because our first 2 yrs in the Philippines was too hectic living near family and close to relatives (too much drama, let alone the expensive handouts over the years, but no more).
Anyway, each to their own when dealing with one's extended family when all we want is a quiet peaceful retirement lifestyle without any stress and or drama from our extended Filipino family during the remaining years of our retirement lifestyle and we're doing it as we anticipated it to be.  ??? ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:08:53 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
How many in-laws are you looking to house in one house?  There is a good sized house right down the road from me about three houses down.  Quiet neighborhood though so if they are a noisy bunch, they probably won't like it.  Do not have everything you can think of and then some within a quarter mile like Art does but there is a 2 &1/2 year old SM City @ BF within walking distance along with a lot of other stuff across the street from it and the down the road (within walking if not too hot) in the opposite direction in to BF more is another mall (small type) and supermarkets along with a lot of eateries.  If they don't have wheels, there are plenty of trikes to go down that way.  Traffic is not all that bad around here and it is close to SLEX.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
Here's a pretty good YouTube video site that shows a variety of homes as to get an idea of what types of homes from the low and high end prices are available in the Philippines, mainly in the NCR of Luzon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqN2CN0YpmQ
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:49:58 AM by Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am »
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline Danson L.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:38 AM »
Hello,
BEFORE a person buys/builds a house here in the Philippines there is ONE aggravating problem that needs to be accessed. ANIMALS are loose everywhere here, especially dogs and cats. There ins NO animal control here. For some oddball reason barking dogs & screeching cats (24 hours a day) does NOT bother any native person. I live in a highly restricted govermental compound, gate controlled by 4 guards 24/7 days a week, they do not allow dogs to run freely, BUT the owners of the houses ARE allowed to have animals as long as they are CAGED. So, they go out and buy dogs & cats and put them in a small cage, and the bitches bark and howl, all day and night. To top that off in  the adjacent alley, two people have 12 dogs (in cages) that bark continually. If one of them dies, they go out and get another one or two more to take it's place. This is a problem with NO SOLUTION. This is normal because the Philippines is shaped like a dog. haha Anyone who intends to live here needs to be aware of this problem!!!!!

Offline Gold63079

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:54:37 PM »
How many in-laws are you looking to house in one house?  There is a good sized house right down the road from me about three houses down.  Quiet neighborhood though so if they are a noisy bunch, they probably won't like it.  Do not have everything you can think of and then some within a quarter mile like Art does but there is a 2 &1/2 year old SM City @ BF within walking distance along with a lot of other stuff across the street from it and the down the road (within walking if not too hot) in the opposite direction in to BF more is another mall (small type) and supermarkets along with a lot of eateries.  If they don't have wheels, there are plenty of trikes to go down that way.  Traffic is not all that bad around here and it is close to SLEX.
. Hey sorry, just saw the post.  Can u message me more details, house and location.  4 adults and two small children

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:23 PM »
. Hey sorry, just saw the post.  Can u message me more details, house and location.  4 adults and two small children

I gave you the location already and that is as much to the exact location as you need and will get right now for the time being.  Someone was in it for a few days and doing some work though so I don't know if she has sold it or they were only doing some work.  Did not look exactly like only some hired labor to me.  I will check and if she still has it up for sale I will let her know you might be interested.  Then I will tell you what she wants for it.  If you are interested in talking to her, I will let her know and you and she can go from there.

You never mentioned a price range so that is very interesting besides the fact that you do not even know if it is even too expensive or too cheap for you and all the bother.  And this post applies to anyone else who might be interested.  I will not be divulging the exact location early in the game.
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline kathhmads

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »
Read on other forums that in-house agents are the best choice.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
You are better off doing it all yourself, the in house agents are worthless, in my opinion, would never use one again.  They are not there for you they are there to make money for themselves and the developer.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 08:21:44 PM »
An in house agent is a sales person who works for the development. Developments also let outside real estate agents in to sell but I agree that the in house agent might be a better choice because they would hopefully be more knowledgeable as to what deals and promos may be available.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigpearl

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 08:21:53 AM »
Thanks Lee, yes on the same page now, wouldn't go near them with a 10 foot barge pole from my personal experience though others may have had better success, one example and only one as I have many, it was last christmas, where the in laws live there is a gated subdivision behind them, on their rear boundary. We drove around their with a view to purchase the vacant block directly behind (don't do that I hear you say, lol) for the outlaws to extend their house.
We entered the gated community, in and out gates open, no security guard and all very untidy and overgrown, 100 metres in was the sales office. Met the 2 ladies and enquired about the land sizes and costs, yes sir we have 150 m2 and 300 m2 blocks, the former was P 7K per sq M and the later a little over P 6K. Keep in mind that we are looking at beach front blocks that range from P 4.5 to 6.5 K per sq M.
We saw many houses while driving around the estate with one of the ladies but far out weighed by the vacant blocks, we eventually got to where we aimed to go, behind the outlaws, a 150 sq M block directly behind, this one looks good I said, van we look at the paper work on this one please? Sure, nice choice so back to the office, on the way Benjie let slip that his parents lived behind, (you all know those times when you want to slap someone) anyway the price was suddenly P 8.5 K per sq M. Excuse me? We argued the toss with them but they didn't budge, guess what? We didn't buy and the block is still sitting there unsold.

Personally we have found that we have had more luck dealing with owners directly even when we got our condo it was far cheaper to deal direct.

Think I may have mentioned in another post, that we have been in talks with the owner of a property that we looked at nearly 18 months ago, while not on the beach, 10 mins walk it was interesting but not for the 11 million pesos that the agent wanted, fluked upon it a few months ago advertised privately and the price is 5.8 million pesos,,,,,, who is making the money there?

Cheers, Steve.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog