Author Topic: The selfie generation  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
The selfie generation
« on: June 19, 2016, 11:21:56 PM »
I have never met a Filipina who does not like to take her own photos of herself and others, have you?
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline copusmaximus

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: The selfie generation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:58:57 AM »
just look at any filipina's fb pages and her friends thats all they do every day selfies of them there babys they have monthsarys for everything any excuse to party i guess. my gf is not too bad but her 5 sisters and neices are crazy cant put the phone down . yes they are pretty but really do you need wakeup picture lunch picture diner pics and bedyime pics everyday i swear there is more cellphones per capita here than anywhere else . they are poor but must have a cp lol

Offline HappyBee

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
I know, right... Personally, I could not stand continually seeing pictures of myself on my cellphone, computer, wall, toilet door or anywhere else they seem to stick them.  ::)
^^ Just my personal opinion... take it or leave it!

Offline RDS284

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
It makes me laugh when my partner and her friends get together and have to take selfies. :)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • 1st Time with all 5 Grandchildren Together 2016!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »
Me? I hate pictures. Myrlita gets mad because I try to avoid pictures. My Dad was the same way. He hated them too.

Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline David690

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
I think its a generation thing rather than a Filipina one.  My cousins, nieces in UK are just as bad.
Londoner at heart

Offline iamjames

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:17:26 AM »
One reason they take so many selfies here is they do not have mirrors! I have a full length mirror in the lounge here. When Filipinos walk in and see the mirror every single one goes straight to the mirror.
They always take a selfie with their food or drink whenever they are our. The main reason for this is to show off to their friends that they have enough money to go out. 

Offline JD

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
This thread reminds me of a funny thing I saw while in Bohol a couple of months back.

We were at a buffet on Panglao. A young Korean couple sat down a couple of tables in front of us. While he went to fill the plates, she stayed with their stuff and took several selfies. What made her stick out to me was how particular she was about her look. She turned her head this way and that, fixed her hair, raised her eyebrows, all the while staring into the phone. When he came back (with two plates) they began to eat.

I've never seen a human being eat like her. It was like watching a pack of jackals on a wildebeest carcass on a TV nature show.

I thought, that's the selfie she should have taken! The real one, with the grease running down her chin and her sucking the cartilage off of the chicken legs!  :D

Offline balutsky

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »
I have never met a Filipina who does not like to take her own photos of herself and others, have you? 

Totally agree.  Filipinas loves to take selfies.  However, I don't think that only Filipinas loves to selfie.  I think that majority of girls/women regardless of their race/ethnicity loves to take selfies.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:19:25 PM by Lee2 »

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »
Totally agree.  Filipinas loves to take selfies.  However, I don't think that only Filipinas loves to selfie.  I think that majority of girls/women regardless of their race/ethnicity loves to take selfies.
You are probably correct more or less but rarely while I am in the USA do I see anyone taking selfies, occasionally I will see a young girl doing it and when in tourist areas I have seen women doing it and whenever we get together with other couples that are Filipina and an American, the girls all keep taking selfies and photos of each other, I guess the best ones are for their facebook pages, so my wife tells me, yet while in the Philippines, I see selfies going on just about anywhere we go all the time and I do see other Asians are doing it as well.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog