Author Topic: 'Only 2 of 10 people wash hands after pee or poop'  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Peace Keeper
'Only 2 of 10 people wash hands after pee or poop'
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
Remember that next time you go to shake someones hand  ;) especially in the Philippines were many people do not even use toilet paper.  :o
According to data from the World Health Organization, only 2 of 10 people worldwide wash their hands after exposure to feces or urine.
http://news.abs-cbn.com/video/life/08/08/16/only-2-of-10-people-wash-hands-after-pee-or-poop
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline JoeLP

• Global Moderator
  • Sr Member
Re: 'Only 2 of 10 people wash hands after pee or poop'
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »
When I moved here and lived with Tina's family before we got our own place I sorta shook me that they didn't have a sink in the bathrooms.  Some cultures have no idea how important washing of the hands is.  They don't even set up for it.  Thankfully the CRs were off the kitchen, so it's not like I had to walk to another part of the house to wash them.
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Offline bcnorth

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: 'Only 2 of 10 people wash hands after pee or poop'
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
I had to laugh to myself over the warning that one should be careful when shaking a Filipinos hands. For eight summers I worked in Alaska on a purse seine or in a salmon cannery. Four summers I worked in a Bristol Bay cannery as an extra on the all-Filipino canning lines when a Filipino cannery worker was hurt or sick. All of them were irritated because the Italians from San Francisco and the Swedes from Seattle, all of whom were fishermen, wouldnt wash their hands after peeing and poopng while fishing or before eating in the mess hall. The Filipino cannery workers constantly called them pigs to their face.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog